Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Provos

Old September 10th, 2021, 12:13 PM
pth_rise_of_the_runelords.dat file misspells the Sihedron medallion which is why I couldn't find it to use it. lol
Provos is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 13th, 2021, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provos View Post
OK so it seems when adding sorcerer levels to a creature that auto has it it makes racial spells go away. not sure how to fix it though.
Hmm...that's weird. It doesn't happen with Sorcerer. Something must be getting over-written. I'll see if I can figure out what's going on.

Update 1: It seems if you add a level in the class the monster is using as it's spell-casting class, it messes things up. I'm not sure if I can necessarily fix this, but it may be something we can get around using an adjustment to raise the monster's level.

Update 2: Ok, I think what's happening here is that when the class is added that matches the racial spell-casting class, it renames the tab but keeps the spellcasting abilities. Unfortunately, all the spells disappear in the process. Not really sure what to do about that. Best I can offer is to make sure you know what spells have already been added before you add any additional class levels so you can reproduce the list.

Last edited by Sendric; September 13th, 2021 at 04:00 AM.
Sendric is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old September 28th, 2021, 07:03 PM
Maybe the best thing I can do is in the editor duplicate the Lamia Matriarch and just adjust what I need there for Xanesha specifically.
Provos is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old September 29th, 2021, 01:01 AM
What is the best way to add spell like abilities? I have seen some show up under the spell list not sure how that is done.
Provos is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old September 29th, 2021, 02:13 AM
I'm getting an error I cannot figure out.

Attempt to access field 'gIsEquip' that does not exist for thing 'rPFSndPntDvl'
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseSpec' (Eval Script '#3') near line 10

Last edited by Provos; September 29th, 2021 at 02:36 AM.
Provos is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 29th, 2021, 03:46 AM
Quote:
I'm getting an error I cannot figure out.

Attempt to access field 'gIsEquip' that does not exist for thing 'rPFSndPntDvl'
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseSpec' (Eval Script '#3') near line 10
I would need to see what you're doing to properly debug this, but something is trying to use a field on a thing that doesn't have that field. gIsEquip is a field used to determine whether something is equipped or not, and only exists on equipment. "rPFSndPntDvl" looks like a race thing.
Sendric is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old September 29th, 2021, 06:13 AM
rPFSndPntDvl is the race I am adding. I added special abilities for my new race and the error occurred when I duplicated a breath weapon. I think I figued out the problem though. If I put "You have a breath weapon." in the summary text the error goes away. No idea if that solved it really but it stopped popping up.
Provos is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 29th, 2021, 01:04 PM
Quote:
rPFSndPntDvl is the race I am adding. I added special abilities for my new race and the error occurred when I duplicated a breath weapon. I think I figued out the problem though. If I put "You have a breath weapon." in the summary text the error goes away. No idea if that solved it really but it stopped popping up.
That's weird, but sure! Whatever works.
Sendric is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old September 29th, 2021, 02:13 PM
Quote:
What is the best way to add spell like abilities? I have seen some show up under the spell list not sure how that is done.
Any opinions on this?
Provos is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old September 29th, 2021, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Any opinions on this?
There are a series of specials made called "sla?"

Just bootstrap one with a tag on usage and a value for hTotal

I have a Patreon and PayPal. Donations are appreciated but are not mandatory. They are only to show support while I program stuff.
Illyahr is offline   #60 Reply With Quote