Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Illyahr

Old April 2nd, 2021, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhova View Post
I am looking for the Vestment of Many Styles out of Races of Eberron. I check to make sure the source was check but no dice. Was this missed or have I screwed up somewhere? >Newbie<

Hmm. Must've missed that one. I'll put it in and drop it in the community submission thread

I have a Patreon and PayPal. Donations are appreciated but are not mandatory. They are only to show support while I program stuff.
Illyahr is offline   #1081 Reply With Quote
Jayhova

Old July 1st, 2021, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyahr View Post
Hmm. Must've missed that one. I'll put it in and drop it in the community submission thread
Thanks
Jayhova is offline   #1082 Reply With Quote
Jayhova

Old July 25th, 2021, 12:39 PM
I noticed I could not add the weightless scabbard to my PC. I went and looked and noticed the "Arms and Equipment Guide" user file has 0 wonderous items in it. What's up?
Jayhova is offline   #1083 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old July 26th, 2021, 01:43 AM
Quote:
I noticed I could not add the weightless scabbard to my PC. I went and looked and noticed the "Arms and Equipment Guide" user file has 0 wonderous items in it. What's up?
There are a very large number of 3.0 and 3.5 rulesbooks, from WotC, and evne more when you consider other publishers. Content from nearly all these books is provided by users. This means that stuff that has been done is mostly by people who wanted it for their own game, put it in HL and shared the file. There are very few people using the editor to work on content, and so not everything has or can be put into HL.
433 items of equipment from that book have been done. I consider that amazing... but no-one's got to the magic item part. (Some items may have been updated for 3.5 and been entered in another "book".)

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #1084 Reply With Quote
Jayhova

Old July 27th, 2021, 09:02 AM
I thought somehow it got missed or my version was screwed up or some other thing, IDK. Is there a tutorial of how to create items and place them in the .user files?

Edit: Found some info and copied a glove of storing which is functionally similar to the A&EG Weightless Scabbard I wish to create. Is there a way (easy or not) to limit the items that can be stored in this container i.e. bladed weapons such as swords and daggers and limit it to one item? Also what conventions exist for assigning a unique ID to an item?

Last edited by Jayhova; July 27th, 2021 at 11:44 AM.
Jayhova is offline   #1085 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 28th, 2021, 03:35 AM
Quote:
I thought somehow it got missed or my version was screwed up or some other thing, IDK. Is there a tutorial of how to create items and place them in the .user files?

Edit: Found some info and copied a glove of storing which is functionally similar to the A&EG Weightless Scabbard I wish to create. Is there a way (easy or not) to limit the items that can be stored in this container i.e. bladed weapons such as swords and daggers and limit it to one item? Also what conventions exist for assigning a unique ID to an item?
Thanks to some (relatively) recent updates, thingid's now allow up to 17 characters. Typically when you create a new thing, the editor will automatically provide the first two characters. These are used to give the user an easy way to identify what kind of thing the thingid is referring to, but it's not required that you keep it.

If you are making items for yourself it doesn't really matter what convention you use for creating unique ideas as long as they don't clash with existing ones. In general, though, we try to have them make sense and capitalize letters at the start of words. So, for something like the Weightless Scabbard, it could look like this:

ioWeightScabbard

I drop the "less" of Weightless here because it's too long to fit, and try to keep the "words" being clear. You could also do:

ioWeightlessScabb

Though I think the first one might be easier to understand what it is.
Sendric is offline   #1086 Reply With Quote
Jayhova

Old July 29th, 2021, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
So, for something like the Weightless Scabbard, it could look like this:

ioWeightScabbard

I drop the "less" of Weightless here because it's too long to fit, and try to keep the "words" being clear. You could also do:

ioWeightlessScabb

I went with the earlier convention and named it ioWeigScab.

If I wanted to do the rest of the wondrous items in the A&EG and contribute them to the community, how would I do that?

Should I even worry about limiting the scabbard to one bladed weapon?; assuming that is even possible.
Jayhova is offline   #1087 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 30th, 2021, 03:11 AM
Quote:
I went with the earlier convention and named it ioWeigScab.

If I wanted to do the rest of the wondrous items in the A&EG and contribute them to the community, how would I do that?

Should I even worry about limiting the scabbard to one bladed weapon?; assuming that is even possible.
If you can figure it out, great, if not make a note and I'll look into it when I get the chance.

There's a thread for providing files to the community set here:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=65384

If you have any trouble attaching any files, let me know.
Sendric is offline   #1088 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old October 24th, 2021, 04:40 PM
Arms and Equipment guide is missing Quick-escape armor add on.
Provos is offline   #1089 Reply With Quote
Spyderbane

Old April 14th, 2022, 02:05 PM
Not sure if anyone is aware but Lyric Thaumaturge from the complete mage appears to be a blank class.
Spyderbane is offline   #1090 Reply With Quote