Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Jayhova

Old July 20th, 2021, 10:00 PM
I am building a cleric of Wee Jas and discovered that the death domain through out a validation error "Death: Your deity does not offer this domain." This seems to be an error.
Jayhova is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old July 20th, 2021, 10:50 PM
*Deleted*

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.

Last edited by Dami; July 20th, 2021 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Double post - Database error
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old July 20th, 2021, 10:54 PM
While Wee Jas originally had Domains: Death, Law and Magic, in both the 3.0/3.5 Players Handbook, and the Living Greyhawk official listing of Deities v1.3 (2003), it was later changed.
I'm quite sure the original d20 HL did not have deities, and the current file is based on the 'Living Greyhawk Official Listing of Deities v2.0 (2005)' which lists the Domains as Domination, Inquisition, Law, Magic, Mind and Repose.

You have three options:
1. Select Death and ignore the "error";
2. On the Background tab, select "None" in the first "Deity" field, type "Wee Jas" in the field underneath and select Deity Alignment "Lawful Neutral" - this will allow you to select ANY domains you want on the Cleric tab;
3. Use the editor to add "Death" as a domain to Wee Jas in the deities HL user file.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Jayhova

Old July 25th, 2021, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
3. Use the editor to add "Death" as a domain to Wee Jas in the deities HL user file.
That was easy. I just checked the box and fixed it.
Jayhova is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 26th, 2021, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhova View Post
That was easy. I just checked the box and fixed it.
Please note this will need to be done with each Community update. Alternately, you can create a new version of the deity in a new user file that replaces that community version.
Sendric is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Jayhova

Old July 27th, 2021, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Please note this will need to be done with each Community update. Alternately, you can create a new version of the deity in a new user file that replaces that community version.
I wish there was a better way of doing this. I have no interest in the newer rules and I should not have a character that was perfectly valid when I created her be invalid because of a change in a source I care nothing about.
Jayhova is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 28th, 2021, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhova View Post
I wish there was a better way of doing this. I have no interest in the newer rules and I should not have a character that was perfectly valid when I created her be invalid because of a change in a source I care nothing about.
It's actually pretty simple to create a new copy in a new file. All you need to do is open the editor, create a new file, then use New (Copy) to create a new version of the deity. Give it whatever thingid name you like. Put the old version's thingid in the Replaces thing id text box and voila.
Sendric is offline   #7 Reply With Quote