Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Nyarlathotep

Old July 13th, 2016, 10:53 AM
Good afternoon all!

I'm starting to play more and more with Realm Works. I'm currently in the process of making entries in the Mechanics section for Shadowrun. I have created a custom category for skills (image 1). It works like it is supposed to (I think)!

When I actually create an article using the custom category, I get an extra text snippet in the section definitions (image 2). Is there some way to modify the custom category to ensure that the extra snippet does not show up? I know I can remove it manually and I'm pretty sure there is an option to remove all unused snippets in an article, but I would rather it not show up at all.

Any suggestions oh wise Realm Work users?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image 1 - Category Definition.jpg (58.7 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Image 2 - Category in Use.jpg (75.9 KB, 21 views)
Nyarlathotep is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 13th, 2016, 02:34 PM
Option 1: "Quick and Dirty"

Under the main Article Options menu (the large tools button in the Article Header), choose Quick Edit Content, then Remove Empty Snippets or Remove Empty Snippets and Sections, depending on your needs. Note also that these operations have hotkeys: ctrl+` and ctrl+shift+` respectively (this is the same key on a standard US keyboard as ~). This is effectively the same as manually deleting them all yourself

Option 2): A little customization

On the ribbon, click Manage, choose Categories. Select the category. Then select the snippet types or section definitions you'd like to not appear on new articles. Uncheck the "auto add" checkbox for the items you'd like to stop being automatically added. Make sure to click the Save button.

Note that you might need to use option 1 on articles you've already created, and 2 to make it so that you don't have to keep using option 1 over and over.
Joe is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 13th, 2016, 04:51 PM
Sorry I was reading your description too fast.

No, there's currently no way to configure a section to not have this extra text snippet added. I recommend using the hotkeyed items I mentioned above to quickly remove the ones you don't need.
Joe is offline   #3 Reply With Quote