Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

jbearwillis

Old December 7th, 2013, 07:19 PM
It has been said way back in the thread that there would be updates and some love for Mutants and Mastermind 3E, but that has fell way short, some of the post date back 2 years with nothing to show. Should we regard that as there will be nothing forthcoming. I understand that you all have full plates with pathfinder, Shadowrun 5th and fate core and I know there isn't as many M&M 3E fans as there are for those other games, but there has been a lot of supplements come out for the game and no love. I would spend a lot of money for the extra supplements and a lot of other fans would to ( I have bought all your games for Hero Lab and the supplements to, and I see that not changing, because you have a great product). I would just like to see a little love come this way for such a great game system is all I'm asking.

Thanks for taking the time to listen Wolf Lair,
Your faithful customer JBear.
jbearwillis is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Insaniac99

Old December 7th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Out of curiosity, what do you think is missing and needs to be updated for M&M3?
Insaniac99 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old December 7th, 2013, 10:41 PM
A lot of the Gamemasters guide is missing if not all of it, Power Profiles book, Supernaturals handbook, and when Green Ronin is done with the Gadget Guides and puts them into there own book - It to. Also update anything that might of changed with the publishing of the Deluxe Handbook. There is a lot missing. I'm sure there needs to be a lot of mechanic fixes also, it seems that there in a few things from the forums I have been reading that isn't working correctly and needs to be fixed. In pathfinder and Savage Worlds they have fix updates alot. more in Pathfinder but still they are fix updates. I can't remember the last time M&M 3E was update with any fixes only Updating to work with the latest update for Hero Lab itself.

I know how to write codes for pathfinder, Savage Worlds, and a little in the world of Darkness editor, but every game is different and has a learning curve and in the M&M 3E editor it's throwing me for a loop in how to code most of those books and put them all in and get them to work right. The only thing I have been able to do is input the fighting styles from the Gamermasters guide into the M&M 3E files.
Hope that helps explains what I think is missing.

Last edited by jbearwillis; December 7th, 2013 at 10:44 PM.
jbearwillis is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old December 7th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Heck, I'm not even sure if any of the Wolf Lair has even checked the M&M forum in awhile, because the only ones answering any of the questions in the M&M forum seems to be other community users and not any one from the lair. So I thought I would throw this out here to see if they would notice and answer. We did this in the Savage World forums awhile ago and we got Mathias answering questions over there and he has been a big help in that forum so I thought I would give it a try here and see what happens. Colen use to answer here but I haven't seen him here in awhile.
jbearwillis is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Insaniac99

Old December 8th, 2013, 04:07 AM
(to preface my post I have owned hero lab for years, back before they had much more than M&M 2e but i only recently started playing M&M again after a short hiatus)

As far as I'm aware, everything in all of those that you mention are in there mechanically. With 2e when the supplements came out and M&M made the real shift to Effects based powers it was a big deal and required additional changes to the system. But with 3e, which started as an effects based system everything in all the Power Profiles is already there. The Threat reports added a couple new advantages that weren't in the core book, but Herolab had those since day one as a carryover from 2e (Like Speed of Thought). Another example is the martial arts from the GMG, it it just a collection of advantages, all of which exist, and a player wanting that just adds all of them to their character.

I am not familiar with any bugs that exist int he M&M datafile, could you elaborate?
Insaniac99 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old February 22nd, 2014, 11:01 PM
I am not aware of any bugs either. I started HL with Mutants and Masterminds 2nd edition. I am looking forward to the upcoming updates. I just started looking at my M&M stuff in the past couple of days. I did notice one bug that was an easy fix. I have to look it up but the sesnse dependent flaw is not available if you have area perception. It was an easy pick req as error change.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Kyrahlin

Old February 27th, 2014, 09:21 AM
I would also like to see Mecha properly implemented in HL.

Although, while I have been creating a Mecha as a Construct (Automaton) character rather than a piece of equipment, I have noticed that my second character's +8 toughness from Permanent Innate Growth 8 doesn't seem to be being calculated correctly, and neither is speed from that same power.
Kyrahlin is offline   #7 Reply With Quote