Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

thaX

Old August 30th, 2020, 09:48 AM
Okay, I sent in a couple of bug reports, but want to know if this is bothering anyone else.
The journal Entries seem to be in some sort of wishy washy order, and not going by the game dates at all.

Not sure what purpose the "real dates" serve except to note when the entry was tallied in, I usually erase them.

There is also this annoying change over with PF2 that changes 2020 to 4720 for no apparent reason.

Why does it sort the entries as it does, as it isn't even with newer/older entries. It seems to be going by the numbers or alphabetical, which is stupid.

I also would like to put in the bonus faction reputation for those scenarios that give it for a faction that the character does not have a boon for. I am not sure if there is a way to populate the faction list to choose the second faction selection or if this App expects the character to spend Fame to get all the faction boons for it.

Am I expecting to much?
thaX is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Hollis
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 31st, 2020, 07:08 AM
If they're displaying out of order, then that is definitely something we need to look into. Thanks for reporting it and making us aware of this issue.
Hollis is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mysteran

Old August 31st, 2020, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaX View Post
Okay, I sent in a couple of bug reports, but want to know if this is bothering anyone else.
The journal Entries seem to be in some sort of wishy washy order, and not going by the game dates at all.

Not sure what purpose the "real dates" serve except to note when the entry was tallied in, I usually erase them.

There is also this annoying change over with PF2 that changes 2020 to 4720 for no apparent reason.

Why does it sort the entries as it does, as it isn't even with newer/older entries. It seems to be going by the numbers or alphabetical, which is stupid.
For me it auto-populates Real Date when I add a journal entry and it sorts by Real Date. I haven't really been in a position where using game date was important so I haven't tried it without Real Date and just Game Date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaX View Post
I also would like to put in the bonus faction reputation for those scenarios that give it for a faction that the character does not have a boon for. I am not sure if there is a way to populate the faction list to choose the second faction selection or if this App expects the character to spend Fame to get all the faction boons for it.

Am I expecting to much?
For this one, just go to the Profile section and add those factions, then the faction drop down will allow selecting the new factions. Adding them to the profile section doesn't give you the boon automatically, just makes it available to add reputation to.
Mysteran is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old August 31st, 2020, 03:08 PM
I am not sure what the real date is used for, the auto populate has it at the date that the journal is created. That isn't typically the date that the game was played on, as I get to adding the journal entry for the chronicle a couple of days later than that. The game date should be the date that the game was played on, but it doesn't seem to want to use it for that, instead autopopulating the year 4720 for some reason.

I have looked into adding the factions in, but it wants me to purchase additional faction boons that I have to use fame for, which I do not want to do.
thaX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 31st, 2020, 03:25 PM
Game date is the date on the Golarion (or other world) calendar that your character had this adventure. The real world date is the date the journal entry is recorded in HL, and is intended to reflect when you played that game session in the real world. I know if I can't get that updated on the same day, I edit that date to reflect when I actually played that game.

In PF2, the date that Paizo product are set in is 2700 + the real world calendar's current year, so 4719 AR (Absalom Recoking) for books published in 2019, like the core rulebook, and 4720 for books published this year, like the APG (That's from the "The Inner Sea Region" section on pg 419 of the CRB). So HL defaults to the same year calculations.

We sort the journal entries based on the date they were added to the journal, so the real date. If two are on the same day (and same minute), they default to sorting by name.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old August 31st, 2020, 03:52 PM
So I am using the wrong date section, so the real date is not only supposed to be the time put in but the day of the game? What is the game date used for, exactly?
I shall have to re-edit all the journal entries and delete all the "game Dates" and put them in the "Real Dates." I was looking at game date as the day the game was played... the game date, as it were.
I was so wrong.
thaX is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Shadowfoot

Old September 1st, 2020, 02:03 AM
Date in the game instead of the date of the game makes sense when there is a real date populated with the current date.
My gripe is the real date is American date and not local date based on regional settings.

🎲 Pathfinder 2e GM

Need spawns invention, but imagination gives rise to need. — Logic of Design
Shadowfoot is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old September 5th, 2020, 11:30 AM
So is there something I am missing on the faction choices or do I have to buy each champion boon "for free" to get the extra rep the scenarios put forth?
thaX is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 5th, 2020, 01:59 PM
Adding more than one faction to your character will only give you one free faction boon - only from the first one you add. Once you add others, then you can record extra prestige earned in those factions, in addition to the one you're championing.
Mathias is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 5th, 2020, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfoot View Post
Date in the game instead of the date of the game makes sense when there is a real date populated with the current date.
My gripe is the real date is American date and not local date based on regional settings.
A major rework of the whole journaling system is something we've got on the todo list. When that happens, you can be assured we'll be switching the real date to use the local date format. We just haven't gotten to that yet.
rob is offline   #10 Reply With Quote