Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

Yobtar

Old January 24th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Plus it gives time for GW to actually sell their product (ie Armybooks). If the files came out "instantly" then GW would have a real issue cause people wouldnt buy the book. I know that data files dont contain all the rules but they do contain enough to let people squeek by.
Yobtar is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
ChaosLord

Old January 24th, 2012, 01:31 PM
@Ariijharn When I first joined these forums in February of 2008 it was explained to me as a way to avoid legal action by Games Workshop. I was told it had something to do with an agreement between AB and GW. I can't give you exact wording because it was a long time ago. It does also give the datafile authors more time to work on it. If you choose to edit Datafiles yourself the day a book is released and have a usable program that is fine, however the availability of the link for download from AB will ALWAYS be a month after the official GW release date. I have noticed on occasion that sometimes they are a day or two early, but don't expect them within the first week of a release.
ChaosLord is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Arijharn

Old January 24th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Oh I don't expect them instantaneously at all, I realise people have other priorities and I completely understand that, I was just wondering how the actual legal position worked (if any) when people say we have to wait the month.

I see Yobtar's above point though and it certainly makes a great deal of sense, but I don't think any opponent would just accept whatever is written on the army builder print out if it can't be backed up by written text but that may be just me and my local area etc.
Arijharn is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
rivet

Old February 1st, 2012, 12:01 PM
I was just wanting to see if this was on schedule and if it would be before or after the 7th? Thank you for all the work you have put into it and I look forward to making good use out of the data file.
rivet is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to UltraPrime

Old February 1st, 2012, 01:59 PM
Expect it on the 10th

If you can keep your head while all about you are loosing their's, then you have probably completely misunderstood the situation.

WFB Armies: High Elves (4,500), Orcs & Goblins (6,000) and Daemons of Chaos (6,000)
40K Armies: Ultramarines (6,500), Blood Angels (7,000), Dark Angels (4,000), Imperial Guard (3,500), Orks (4,500), Tyranids (4,000), Dark Eldar (2,500) and Tau Empire (2,500)
UltraPrime is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Kintaro

Old February 6th, 2012, 04:07 PM
You just sold a copy of Army Builder with that message!!

I was going to hold off, until I read this thread. Thanks!!

You just sold a copy of AB with your message! I was on the fence but since it'll be out in a few days, I went ahead and grabbed it!

Thanks for your hard work!!

Last edited by John; February 8th, 2012 at 12:15 PM. Reason: dups
Kintaro is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Raghnath

Old February 7th, 2012, 06:31 AM
I also wanted to thank you guys working on the updates for the datafiles.
I'm in this forum for the first time and was also thinking that lone wolf had several people who implement the new army books in the program I bought.
But now that I know that you are working volunteerly for your/our hobby i had to sign up to let you know I appreciate your work. So thanks a lot. =)
Raghnath is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Vreith

Old February 7th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrime View Post
Expect it on the 10th
Awesome Ultra!, just remember that old steed problem we used to have with Manfredd :P (posted it ages ago on the old book! lol)

2 days can't wait to stop useing MS word to write my list and start really optimizing.

TY for your work
Vreith is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
rivet

Old February 7th, 2012, 07:03 PM
The anticipation is killing me. I know you said to expect it on the 10th but I still log into Army Builder every day and cry to not see an update available. Thanks again for all the work you do, was never good with patience is all.
rivet is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Arctaeus

Old February 9th, 2012, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrime View Post
Expect it on the 10th
I just registered to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU UltraPrime for all of your hard work updating the data files for the new Vampire Counts Army book, and generally for updating the data files for Warhammer! It has been very VERY helpful when making my armies and I can tinker with them throughout the day with relative ease!

Also I can make my armies at work

I found it very useful having Army Builder when making a 1000pt (then 1500pt) Daemons of Chaos army to help my girlfriend decide what she wanted to collect!

I very much look forward to the update arriving, as I have a 10,000 point campaign army to craft and Army Builder will save my sanity!

Thank you thank you
Arctaeus is offline   #30 Reply With Quote