Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Cortex System

Notices

texaspoet

Old August 7th, 2009, 07:24 PM
I have tried to create new specialties by copying an existing specialty, but they do not show up in the skill list to choose.
texaspoet is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 7th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Mathias is the expert on Cortex, but I just tested this out and it worked fine for me. I copied the Acting specialty (first in the copy list), changed the name, gave it a proper id, and saved. After hitting the "Test Now!" button, the specialty was available for me in the skill list. Did you forget to click the "Test Now!" button after adding it?

Also, none of the specialty skills appear until the corresponding basic skill is first added to the character. Could that be the problem?
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 7th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Thank you for catching it, this is a bug (the editor isn't offering a needed piece of information for the user to set). It will be fixed in the next release.

In the meantime, you can probably get around it by making sure that the specialty you are copying is from the same general skill as your skill.

BTW, does your new skill end up sorted under the general skill you copied your specialty from?
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
texaspoet

Old August 9th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Yeah, sorry, what happened was I created a new General skill, which showed up fine, but when I created the new specialty and placed it to be within the new General skill, it didn't show up. Is that what is being fixed mgehl?
texaspoet is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 9th, 2009, 06:38 PM
The editor currently allows you to set the linkage to the general skill (which is how the specialty knows which general skill has to be at d6). What it doesn't allow you to set is the sort order tag. A selector for that sort order has been added to the editor on my end, and will be included in the next update (which is probably going to be out soon).
Mathias is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
texaspoet

Old August 9th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Sweet! Thanks! Looking forward to it, I'm getting ready to playtest a setting, and my magic system!
texaspoet is offline   #6 Reply With Quote