Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Duskrunner

Old April 14th, 2020, 01:48 PM
Hi All,

To add to this, have any of you figured out how to link HLO into any VTT, so that any changes that take place in HLO gets pushed into that VTT? I am thinking about starting a game and am looking for this feature for my players so we dont have to keep jumping back and forth, as well as updating. If so which VTT. I am not worried about price as I am of ease of use and functionality.
Duskrunner is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Nightstar

Old April 14th, 2020, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskrunner View Post
Hi All,

To add to this, have any of you figured out how to link HLO into any VTT, so that any changes that take place in HLO gets pushed into that VTT? I am thinking about starting a game and am looking for this feature for my players so we dont have to keep jumping back and forth, as well as updating. If so which VTT. I am not worried about price as I am of ease of use and functionality.
Can't be done. If you use HLC, you can do it, with fantasy grounds at the very least.

But no, HLO is all about the future, and that means using your phones at the gaming table in person only with a dedicated internet connection the entire time.
Nightstar is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 14th, 2020, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
If you use HLC, you can do it, with fantasy grounds at the very least.
I'm fairly sure that this isn't an integration - it is export from HLC and an import to FG.

Proper integration keeps the character sheet in HLC/HLO and allows a VTT to interrogate and modify properties of the character on-the-fly.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old July 27th, 2020, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
Can't be done. If you use HLC, you can do it, with fantasy grounds at the very least.

But no, HLO is all about the future, and that means using your phones at the gaming table in person only with a dedicated internet connection the entire time.
I've tried using Herolab with Fantasy Grounds and the import is charitably described as "partially" functional.

Then again, that's the same description I'd apply to Fantasy Grounds as it's dog slow and dodgy crash prone software even on a modern machine.
LazarX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote