Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Anpumes

Old April 14th, 2014, 05:27 PM
Is it possible to change the name of a weapon from the a class special feature?

Specifically, I have a class special that is bootstrapping the Catfolk Exemplar (Sharp Claws) feat, which in turn bootstraps the wClaw weapon. This creates a weapon with the name "Claw x2 (Catfolk Exemplar (Sharp Claws))." In turn this is preempted by the Aspect of the Beast (Claws of the Beast), thus changing the name of the aforementioned weapon to "Claw x2 (Aspect of the Beast (Claws of the Beast))." What I'm wondering is, is there a way to pull the livename or sbName from one or both of these and then change it. I've tried a few things but I can't seem to figure it out on my own and I don't know of anything in Hero Labs that does something similar. I've also searched the forums and found some clues but nothing I can pull together to make sense of.

As another oddity of this class feature, the bootstrapped feat, again, Catfolk Exemplar (Sharp Claws), is that it still shows up on the feat list. It is grayed out with red text stating "This ability (or an equivalent) has already been added to the hero." What I'm wondering with this is if there is a way to have this removed from the feat list, as the hero could theoretically still select this feat a second time, with some very strange behavior... If only the two Catfolk Exemplar (Sharp Claws) feats are added then you end up with two instances of the claw attacks listed, then if you add the Aspect of the Beast (Claws of the Beast) feat, they are both condensed into a single attack with two additional bumps to the damage.

Last edited by Anpumes; April 14th, 2014 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Cleaned up bad grammar. :p
Anpumes is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 14th, 2014, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anpumes View Post
Specifically, I have a class special that is bootstrapping the Catfolk Exemplar (Sharp Claws) feat, which in turn bootstraps the wClaw weapon. This creates a weapon with the name "Claw x2 (Catfolk Exemplar (Sharp Claws))." In turn this is preempted by the Aspect of the Beast (Claws of the Beast), thus changing the name of the aforementioned weapon name to "Claw x2 (Aspect of the Beast (Claws of the Beast))." What I'm wondering, which I feel can be done by pulling the livename or sbName from one or both of these but I can't figure out how to pull that off.
Look at my adjustment addon and look at the script on "Custom Name: Weapon" for example code.

I have a fix to come out soon so if you try it on a "Magic Weapon" it won't work. But the fix is easy change the timing to Render/99999999.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Anpumes

Old April 14th, 2014, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Look at my adjustment addon and look at the script on "Custom Name: Weapon" for example code.

I have a fix to come out soon so if you try it on a "Magic Weapon" it won't work. But the fix is easy change the timing to Render/99999999.
Man you keep saving me... I greatly appreciate it. You gave me enough clues to get where I needed to go. Thank you!

Now just need to see if there is a way to address the second question regarding this class feature.
Anpumes is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 14th, 2014, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anpumes View Post
Now just need to see if there is a way to address the second question regarding this class feature.
That is just how HL works. For example add three levels of ranger so you get the "Endurance" Feat. Then go to the Feat tab and look up Endurance. Its in the list with the same message you mentioned.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Anpumes

Old April 14th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
That is just how HL works. For example add three levels of ranger so you get the "Endurance" Feat. Then go to the Feat tab and look up Endurance. Its in the list with the same message you mentioned.
Fair enough, it really is a non-issue, just thought it was a bit odd and found the strange behavior amusing. Thanks again.
Anpumes is offline   #5 Reply With Quote