Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

EclecticGamer

Old March 17th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romaq View Post
I have *almost* every Pathfinder license in Hero Lab, there are only a few I've not bothered with at the moment.

Hot & heavy on my list for RW is "Rise of the Runelords." If you were selling a license for RotRL right now today for RW, I'd be buying it yesterday. And it isn't just RotRL, there is a document http://ollywright.me/pathfinder/Sandpoint_npc_list.pdf which adds more info to listed NPCs as well as images and such. I will want to take a 'stock' RotRL, slap the OllyWright changes and then make further changes as the campaign progresses. But pretty hot & heavy on my list is "not re-entering freakin' stock RotRL".

So if you can get some contracts inked with Paizo, I have some more money to throw at you on top of the money for base Realm Works anyway.
Sorry I haven't been following recently, life and whatnot.

This is sort of how I feel as well. In theory, companies should want me creating adventures for their settings. If people decide to play it and buy their books then they will get more money and investment in their system.

The problem is that in order for Realm Works realms to be truly useful, they have to have all the information actually in them, not just references to books. If this happens, it removes the incentive for some people to buy the materials.

I have 2 ideas about what I would like to see, not sure if either are along the lines of what Lone Wolf is thinking.

1.) Have the ability to mark a realm as using a certain supplement, and give users the ability to prove that they have purchased it. This likely wouldn't be possible for older books, but maybe for newer ones. This seems unrealistic but I can't really think of an idea to make this work for older materials unless LWD can get some sort of amnesty for older books.

Basically I would love for there to be a way for me to add information from a supplement for the use of people who own the material as well. Just not sure how that could happen.

2.) What could be done is to provide downloadable realms from which you can pull maps, images, characters, locations, etc into your own realm. When you do it would mark your realm as requiring that purchase to use for when you upload it.

If this could be made to contain all the information from a supplement then it would be great. I fear that it would only be a subset though, and you would be prevented from using the rest of the supplement.

This would also not really work for old material. I would be nice to get a solution for those as well.

The summary is that I love Eberron and I would like to create adventures for it in Realm Works to share with other people. I'm sure that other people feel the same way about other campaign settings. I'm worried that there will not be a way to legally produce these in a form that actually has useful information in it.

I will be interested to see what Rob and the team come back with.
EclecticGamer is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Romaq

Old March 20th, 2014, 02:20 PM
There is still that PDF of NPCs mentioned above with artwork.

We'll have to see what we can do and what we'll have to 'fake' until RotRL is released.
Romaq is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
Romaq

Old March 27th, 2014, 07:11 AM
Realm Works snagged & bagged. I'm not clear on what we will be able to legally do with Rise of the Runelords *before* Paizo contracts publishing it in Realm Works, but I greatly look forward to *not* having to re-enter the RotRL material.
Romaq is offline   #33 Reply With Quote