Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion

Notices

ruhar

Old March 16th, 2014, 07:48 PM
The other night I ran my game and was able to use Player View for the first time. There were times I had to delay the game while I tried to figure out how to show a snippet in Player View. The biggest problem I had was images and smart images. I would get a window showing the topic name and a very, very small thumb nail of the image. When I click on the reveal button for an image I expect to see just the image in the Player View and not a window with the topic name that I don't want the players to see along with a tiny thumb nail.

I have spent this evening trying to figure out how to easily reveal images and smart images and it seems the process is not as simple as clicking on the reveal button. The process needs to be made simpler. As a GM I don't want to halt the game to make several clicks before revealing images to the players.
ruhar is offline   #1
Mmurphy

Old March 16th, 2014, 08:09 PM
You may be mistaking the use of image and smart image (I did this once or twice already myself---ok, about 5 times now).

Image, when revealed to the players will show the full portrait.

Smart image, when revealed to the players needs to be prepared. This is the image type that you want to use to reveal to players specific parts of an image (maps, etc).

I use image when I have a picture of someone or something (exterior of a castle for example) that the players should see the whole image.
Mmurphy is offline   #2
ruhar

Old March 16th, 2014, 08:20 PM
I understand the differences. The problem is that you can't just click on the reveal button for either types of images and have it show just the image in the Player View, or at least it doesn't work that way for me. As I explained in my initial post I get a window with the name of the topic and a very small thumb nail.
ruhar is offline   #3
pyremius

Old March 17th, 2014, 02:54 AM
Try changing the title of the image. Initially I was naming the images to match the Topic that they were in, but then the players would get that information when I shared the image. Instead try using a description that matches what you've revealed, such as "old man on streetcorner".

I don't know what's up with the image default size - I only have that issue when I'm using a Smart Image by mistake.
pyremius is offline   #4
ruhar

Old March 17th, 2014, 05:11 AM
Good idea, pyremius. Now if I can get someone to address the main issue of viewing just the image instead of showing a window with a tiny thumb nail any other text revealed.
ruhar is offline   #5
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 17th, 2014, 07:21 AM
I think you are confusing showing the Topic to the players versus showing the Image/Smart Image to the players.

When you show the Topic, all of the revealed snippets are shown including the thumbnail image for any Images or Smart Images. I am betting that is what you are doing.

To show the Image/Smart Image properly scaled, you have several options.
  1. Click on the view menu drop-down and select "Show in Player View"
  2. Right click on the thumbnail and select "Show in Player View"
  3. Click to view the image and then select from the Tools menu to "Show in Player View" (or use Ctrl-P keyboard shortcut at that point)

Once you do any of those actions, you will see the image full size. You can also change the zoom level from the Player Preview tab.
davidp is offline   #6
ruhar

Old March 17th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Thanks davidp. I'll give it a try.
ruhar is offline   #7