Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

temohjyn

Old February 27th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Under the Aasimar race there is a sidebar that says other humanoid creatures can be Aasimar, and that everything stays the same except for the creature's size. I tried to create a new custom race in HL by just copying the existing Aasimar and changing the creature's size to Small instead of Medium, but it doesn't work correctly, because when I tried to build a character using it, it didn't allow for alternate racial traits, alternate heritage, or alternate racial abilities? Are those things built with a size prerequisite? Would I have to change all those Aasimar alternate racial abilities, or is it just because they have a prerequisite=Race Aasimar, and my new race has a different name so that doesn't work?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
temohjyn is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old February 27th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Are you replacing the original Aasimar file, or creating a whole new race? Although it really shoudlnt matter, it should function the same. But some background options might be based on size. Which one dont you see?

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
temohjyn

Old February 27th, 2013, 08:19 AM
I created a whole new race and named it Aasimar (small). When I created a Hero with the new race the option for "Alternate Racial Traits" completely disappears, and when I clicked on the buttons for "Add new Aasimar Heritage" and "Add new Aasimar Ability" (I have the blood of angels material) a dialogue comes up that says "Nothing to choose."
temohjyn is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 27th, 2013, 08:38 AM
What did you set for "Racial Traits Allowed" and "Counts as Races..."?
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
temohjyn

Old February 27th, 2013, 09:37 AM
I didn't set anything, because I was copying from the original Aasimar Race file. Do I need to adjust those before saving the copy?
temohjyn is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 27th, 2013, 09:46 AM
If you want a new race that you have created to count as one of the existing races, use those options to tell Hero Lab which existing races it should count as.
Mathias is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
temohjyn

Old February 27th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Okay, thank you for the help.
temohjyn is offline   #7 Reply With Quote