Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

Gumbytie

Old March 30th, 2021, 01:40 PM
CapedCrusader, just shared a DropBox link via private forum chat. Hopefully it works for you. Please let me know. I have had issues with sharing files through DropBox lately.
Gumbytie is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 19th, 2021, 05:57 PM
OK, the Private Message system being down really threw a monkey wrench into this process. I was communicating with two different folks about Savage Pathfinder.

I wasn't able to get the file from DropBox. I PM'ed back about it, but you may not have gotten a chance to see it. And I can't get to the link now.

I just mostly finished the Hindrances and Edges, including the Class Edges, although I still have to do the Class Level Edges, and the Prestige Edges. And I have all the Powers done.

I haven't dealt with the common Power Point pool yet, or the equipment. I was kind of hoping to hear what Lone Wolf wants to do on this before I tackle that particular thing. It's not going to be easy. The whole point of SWADE was to separate those. If I can modify the base code to support this, it will be easier. I also still need to deal with the Cleric Domains and the Spell Schools, and I'm waiting for the same reason.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is online now   #12 Reply With Quote
Gumbytie

Old April 26th, 2021, 06:01 PM
So, we finally have your update released, congratz!

Have you heard anything official regarding support for Savage Pathfinder?

I have continued working on my file as our other GM would like to give it a go. We all understand we are working with beta rules.

For Domains I ended up using Factions. It is hidden until someone takes the Cleric background then it appears and they can choose a Domain.

For Bloodlines I did the same thing using Groups. Not elegant but works for now. It cannot support expanding with the Advanced Form of the Bloodline.

And spells, assuming this is a go. Will there be new tags associated with the proper school? I haven't figured out a way to that myself just yet.

Anyways, look forward to seeing it if it is a go.
Gumbytie is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Gumbytie

Old April 26th, 2021, 06:08 PM
Sorry, remembered another question. Will magic items and such be unlocked now for Savage Pathfinder? Right now they only unlock with Companion book option. Which is not needed for Pathfinder.

And will we maybe get the option to finally modify weapons by materials as per Pathfinder? Like darkwood, mithral, etc.
Gumbytie is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old April 26th, 2021, 09:31 PM
I have not heard regarding Pathfinder yet. That's my next line of questions to them.

As far as what unlocks the magic items, let me see on that. The coding that goes with magic items is part of the Fantasy Companion at present.

We are in a strange place, where Pinnacle hasn't updated the Companion material to SWADE yet. So we are kind of shoe-horning things until they do. We'll try to get them all to play nice together as best we can.

PS I'm also working on my file... but you already knew that lol

_
_
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
CapedCrusader is online now   #15 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old April 27th, 2021, 08:21 AM
OK, Excellent News, folks!

Lone Wolf has given me the green light to treat Savage Pathfinder like a full-blown companion-level book. So this will get the full treatment, including dedicated objects to handle things like Domains and Schools without having to take up Factions and Groups, and access to the Magic Items objects.

And there was much rejoicing!

_
_
CapedCrusader is online now   #16 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old April 27th, 2021, 04:11 PM
Suh-WEET! That's awesome!
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Gumbytie

Old April 27th, 2021, 04:14 PM
Most awesome news sir!!! Sigh, sadly I will still have to keep my little hack going until you wrap yours up so my other GM can run our game. We are switching between two different games so might be a bit before any leveling and magic
Gumbytie is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Gumbytie

Old May 7th, 2021, 08:48 AM
Hopefully I can explain this well. I went through and did all the creatures from the Bestiary section of the SW Pathfinder Core book. Pretty easy until I got to the Racial Ability Size.

So abSize is a default option. Bootstrap that for Bird of Prey (size-2) and put in the following values for abSize:
  • Fields Id: abilValue
  • Value: -2

Now if you look at the actual abSize you see this script:
Code:
Pre-Traits/5000

field[livename].text = field[name].text & " " & signed(field[abilValue].value)
    	if (hero.tagis[source.ShowSize] <> 0) then
        perform #traitadjust[trSize,+,field[abilValue].value,"Size"]
      else
        perform #traitadjust[trTough,+,field[abilValue].value,"Size"]
    		endif

Calc trtFinal
Now what you get on your creature:
  • Toughness: 5 (should be 3)
  • Size: -2 (correct)

And it also appears that SWADE has the size modify the Strength. Can't remember is this true in Deluxe. So the above bird would have Strength d4-2.

So the Toughness part of code not working correctly. And maybe it was never reflected in modifying Strength but would be nice if it did.
Gumbytie is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old June 21st, 2021, 05:12 PM
OK, they have released the final versions of Savage Pathfinder. I'll go through this and continue work on it. So far, the things I still need to solve are using a single Power Point pool for all arcane backgrounds and going back to the Deluxe style Languages for Pathfinder.
I've created objects that act like Factions and Groups for the Divine Domains and Arcane Schools. Now that the goal posts have stopped moving it will be easier to complete this.

_
_
CapedCrusader is online now   #20 Reply With Quote