Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 11th, 2023, 02:25 PM
When you are asking about new content that's on the web, not a new book by Paizo, I highly recommend posting links - and in cases like this, post a link to all of the relevant pages. Last week, if I had seen the original post in this thread without already having done my every-few-days check of Paizo's site that day, I wouldn't have known what haibane was talking about.
Mathias is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 12th, 2023, 01:24 PM
Alrighty, that took more work than expected, but should be a better interface overall than what it was previously. Rolling out shortly, and I just posted the release notes from yesterday along with details regarding this hotfix.

tl:dr if you opened a character using Voluntary Flaws since yesterday's (1/11) update, you'll have to choose the "2 Flaws, 1 Boost" option for Voluntary Flaws at the bottom of the Ability Score table and reset those choices in the appropriate columns. Any character that hasn't been opened and was using flaws should have that selection automatically made and the boost and flaws assigned the next time it gets opened.

I'm hoping we got it quick enough the impact should be pretty low, but sorry to those who the changes impacted negatively.
Daniel V is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
haibane

Old January 12th, 2023, 03:54 PM
So the new boost system can be used with the old voluntary flaws btw. I guess that isn't clear on the blog though.

And Mathias, generally all updates are on the blog. Not aware of them being anywhere else. I get them via email.

Currently rebuilding all PFS characters...
haibane is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 12th, 2023, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by haibane View Post
So the new boost system can be used with the old voluntary flaws btw. I guess that isn't clear on the blog though.
Do they clarify that somewhere in the PFS documentation? They'd talked about making the changes to voluntary flaws in the errata due to the advantages being supplanted by the new ability boosts option, so seemed like they were mutually exclusive. If they aren't, I don't think there's ever a reason to take ancestry-defined boosts and flaws since those result in 3 boots/3 flaws, while 2 free boosts results in 3 boosts/2 flaws. But yeah, the PFS statement about it on the blog page seem like it might just be universally an option, so I'm not sure. If there isn't sufficiently clear text for it, I'll see if we can get clarification from Paizo. I need to draft an email for some rules clarifications soon anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haibane View Post
And Mathias, generally all updates are on the blog. Not aware of them being anywhere else. I get them via email.
Generally we should have context, but not always. If there's info/changes posted somewhere like this, not bad to link if you have it handy, but we can acquire context regardless just takes a little longer. I know personally I'm generally not up on the blog end of things unless someone has brought it to my attention.
Daniel V is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
haibane

Old January 12th, 2023, 07:34 PM
https://paizo.com/community/blog/v57...thly-Update#19 Here's the link... Unfortunately its a post by Alex Spiedel in the middle.
"Four options is correct; in PFS play, you can combine the two free boosts and the old Variant Flaws. We'll make sure the text in the Guide reflects this!"

Currently rebuilding all PFS characters...
haibane is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 13th, 2023, 03:16 AM
Ah okay, something else to fix but a concrete answer is good, appreciated! That's pretty minor, so I'll see if we can get it out today
Daniel V is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 13th, 2023, 11:35 AM
Support for that combination just rolled out a bit ago. Same as with using the old voluntary flaws option, it can be used by non-PFS characters as well for groups that want to, but in this case I have added an info message since that particular combo is not normally intended outside of PFS. Figure it safer to remind people so they can confirm with their GM.
Daniel V is offline   #17 Reply With Quote