Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Galymyr

Old January 31st, 2017, 05:46 PM
Yea, it's been oddly silent. I think the last real update was that there were some technical problems with thier Partners who were doing the initial set of content which delayed the content market until January. Does anyone remember anything more recent than that?
Galymyr is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old January 31st, 2017, 07:19 PM
The announced order of release was, IIRC, free stuff for everyone, then Kickstarter stretch stuff, then content market (including the ability to purchase the Kickstarter stuff).

I know Rob's illness set things back.

I don't usually make posts about my impatience (in fact I think this my first), but I'd really like to hear something about this...

Last edited by Maidhc O Casain; January 31st, 2017 at 07:22 PM.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 1st, 2017, 05:21 AM
The rollout sequence we announced was as follows...

1. Export/Import functionality
2. Deliver free content
3. Start to deliver Kickstarter content
4. Launch the Content Market

This is a sequence, where each stage requires the previous one to be in solid shape before we proceed with the next one. The reason for that is simple. Each of these stages relies upon the previous one in various ways, often significant, so they build upon each other.

We still have a number of issues we've been working hard to resolve with all the import/export logic. A few of them are extremely complicated things that you guys have come up with and that we never thought of. Once those are all sorted out, we'll be able to shift our focus to the next stage and finish up the remaining pieces to deliver the free content to everyone. We have a bug fix release going out on Wednesday, but it looks like the remaining import stuff will spill into next week. I'll get you all an update on the free content delivery once we're actually underway on putting THOSE final pieces into place (sometime next week).

Now it's time for me to finally get some sleep (it's 6:20am here)...
rob is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old February 1st, 2017, 05:42 AM
Thanks, Rob!
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old February 1st, 2017, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Probably for the best. After all we don't want the Razor Coast, et al, to consist of Zzzzzzz's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
Thanks, Rob!
Seconded!

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old February 1st, 2017, 09:08 AM
Thirded! Errr... Seconded plus one. You know what I mean.
Grey Mage is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Tharmiones

Old February 1st, 2017, 11:00 PM
Looks like it was a good thing to not include any year in the announcement about the timeline for the release plan.
Tharmiones is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
gaffneyks

Old February 3rd, 2017, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharmiones View Post
Looks like it was a good thing to not include any year in the announcement about the timeline for the release plan.

Granted they have come nowhere near meeting the dates they have talked about, they have been talking about this since Gen Con or longer.

It is probably a positive that they are focusing on Quality instead of rushing to meet a deadline or arbitrary date thrown out there. Too many IT companies just focus on dates and release half-functional products.

The content market is a pretty big step and they need to get it right, nothing would doom this product more than going live and having people not able to use content they purchased because they rushed the release date and went live with major bugs.
gaffneyks is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Galymyr

Old February 3rd, 2017, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaffneyks View Post
Granted they have come nowhere near meeting the dates they have talked about, they have been talking about this since Gen Con or longer.

It is probably a positive that they are focusing on Quality instead of rushing to meet a deadline or arbitrary date thrown out there. Too many IT companies just focus on dates and release half-functional products.

The content market is a pretty big step and they need to get it right, nothing would doom this product more than going live and having people not able to use content they purchased because they rushed the release date and went live with major bugs.
This! It's still mind boggleingly frustrating because I'm sooooooo excited about this. I've only been a Realm Works users for a few months, I can't even imagine the anticipation some of you must be feeling. Slow and steady wins the race, keep up the good work Rob and team! Just keep throwing us bones every once in awhile, like a pricing structure maybe?
Galymyr is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Galymyr

Old March 4th, 2017, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
The rollout sequence we announced was as follows...

1. Export/Import functionality
2. Deliver free content
3. Start to deliver Kickstarter content
4. Launch the Content Market

This is a sequence, where each stage requires the previous one to be in solid shape before we proceed with the next one. The reason for that is simple. Each of these stages relies upon the previous one in various ways, often significant, so they build upon each other.

We still have a number of issues we've been working hard to resolve with all the import/export logic. A few of them are extremely complicated things that you guys have come up with and that we never thought of. Once those are all sorted out, we'll be able to shift our focus to the next stage and finish up the remaining pieces to deliver the free content to everyone. We have a bug fix release going out on Wednesday, but it looks like the remaining import stuff will spill into next week. I'll get you all an update on the free content delivery once we're actually underway on putting THOSE final pieces into place (sometime next week).

Hey Rob, I went through and read all your posts back to this point and I was unable To locate any new updates on step 2 in the sequence. Since it's been a month I thought it might be worth checking in again and seeing if there was any news. Thanks!
Galymyr is offline   #20 Reply With Quote