Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

GreenTea

Old May 10th, 2010, 03:18 PM
With GW on the horizon for releasing 8th edition WHFB in July, apparently there will be army erratas to conform to the new 8th edition ruleset.

I'll be happy to proofread any fixes here for Army Bulder for Warriors of Chaos (my main army) and any others I happen to have.

How will the update for 8th edition occur? Will the previous main files become obsoleted? Since the main structure of the game, at least according to rumors, will change quite a bit, I expect this to be the case.
GreenTea is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
robert
Volunteer Data File Author

Old May 10th, 2010, 03:55 PM
from what i read 8e will be a p big change... so i will probably start a new set of data files based on the 7e ones but spearate. anyone know when it is out? :~)
robert is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Yobtar

Old May 10th, 2010, 05:14 PM
july 10 2010 is what ive heard/read
Yobtar is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
GreenTea

Old June 15th, 2010, 10:20 PM
I preordered 8th edition today. Should be fun!
GreenTea is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mr_Rose

Old June 16th, 2010, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert View Post
from what i read 8e will be a p big change... so i will probably start a new set of data files based on the 7e ones but spearate. anyone know when it is out? :~)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GW website
Availability: This product is available for pre-order and will be released on the 10th of July.
Pre-orders went on-line yesterday at 10:00am BST (and promptly broke the server ) and you should be able to get access to a preview copy at your local GW store by the end of the week, just in case you wanted to start compiling lists of things early.

Anyway, most of the changes are unrelated to stat-lines from what I can tell, so you'll mostly want to look at the updated "college" lores of magic and the new list of common magic items.

Other things of note; hand weapons with shields now give a 6+ ward save in CC rather than an extra +1 to your base armour, monsters get extra "stomp" attacks at very low initiative (and big monsters get more), and, apparently (I can't confirm this) some monstrous mounts combine their profiles with their riders somehow.

Click here to get 2.25GB of DropBox cloud storage free!

I've always wondered about the first person that saw a lobster and said, "You know what? I'm going to eat that."
Mr_Rose is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ASTREETGAMES

Old June 20th, 2010, 10:00 PM
I have a preview copy in my hands, if anyone wants to start working on a file now just email me.
ASTREETGAMES is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Groznit Goregut

Old July 2nd, 2010, 08:42 AM
So, what's going to happen with 8th Ed? I guess that regular folk write up stuff for new Army Builder? Is someone going to write one for 8th Ed? Is someone doing it now? Will we have to wait until the new book is released to the public?

I just got Army Builder and am trying to tool around with the new 8th Ed rules. I'm hoping someone is working on the new edition.
Groznit Goregut is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Katie Drake

Old July 2nd, 2010, 12:51 PM
Yeah, I'm equally curious to know if anyone is currently working on updating the Fantasy datafiles to function with 8th edition.
Katie Drake is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
karlhunt

Send a message via MSN to karlhunt Send a message via Yahoo to karlhunt

Old July 8th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Wow, used to be that this place was buzzing with comments. Anyway, is anyone working on 8th ed or do we need to start a group to take care of it?
karlhunt is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Freylis

Send a message via MSN to Freylis

Old July 10th, 2010, 12:36 AM
I had a go at editing the generic items and magic lores, but it's a challenge to interpret how the file has been laid out by the original author. I'm happy to contribute with any filling in of information, but if I was to update the files to 8th edition I'd probably need to start from scratch. I'd suggest waiting to hear from the original author first and take it from there.

Last edited by Freylis; July 10th, 2010 at 01:09 AM.
Freylis is offline   #10 Reply With Quote