Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion

Notices

ChillBro Baggins

Old December 15th, 2013, 08:08 AM
I created a Group in the World Almanac called "Gods". I then used it as a container to create a dozen or so individual gods, so that I could have them all in one place.

However, when I moved the "Gods" group from the World Almanac to the Story Almanac, all of the individual gods stayed in the World Almanac, instead of moving to the Story Almanac as I expected.

Is this a feature or a bug?
ChillBro Baggins is offline   #1
Silveras

Old December 15th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Feature.

It is possible that, for example, only 1 or 2 of the gods in your group are relevant to the current adventure. The remainder are background material (until a PC selects one as a patron, perhaps). So some members need to be in the "Story Almanac" (think of it as "foreground") and others in the World Almanac ("background").

Note that if you set the display to show the hierarchical nesting, the group that is in the World Almanac actually appears in both.. because at least one member is in the Story Almanac. If you moved all members to the World Almanac, the Story Almanac entry for the group would disappear because it is no longer needed there to show the containment/ grouping.
Silveras is offline   #2
ChillBro Baggins

Old December 15th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the tip - I did not have the Nested Hierarchy set up for my Story Almanac!

I am still worried about the workload involved in moving large groups of content back and forth between the two almanacs... I am starting to think that I will leave everything in one or the other and just reveal the relevant bits to the players.
ChillBro Baggins is offline   #3
Silveras

Old December 15th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Well, in terms of usage, I think it would be very much like that.. everything entered in either one or the other. Long-term, anyway. Short-term might be different.

One purpose of the Repository is to allow re-use of content; your own, or content you purchase or trade on-line. As it has been described, you might purchase a world setting realm (with all content in the World Almanac) and an adventure (with all content in the Story Almanac). You would not want to change those, so you would probably COPY both into a new realm for your game.. creating any PC entries in that realm for that game. In this way, you can run the same adventure for 2 or more groups of players separately.

So, in that case, you might move some gods from the World Almanac to the Story Almanac in the "playing" realm, as needed.

In the short-term, until the anticipated Repository functionality is available, your game is restricted to one realm, where you will be entering both Story and World content. In terms of usage, I would suggest working on one type of content at a time, and setting the view to either Story or World while you enter things from one or the other. You may still find it useful to transfer some things from one to the other, even so.
Silveras is offline   #4
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 15th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Optional recursive moving between the two almanacs has been added and will be in the next Beta release. There are times you'll want to move everything and other times you'll just want to move individual pieces. Now you'll have both options.
rob is offline   #5
ChillBro Baggins

Old December 16th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Rob -

That's great news!
ChillBro Baggins is offline   #6