Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Kaleb
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 576

Old October 9th, 2015, 09:33 AM
would it be possible to make a feature for the editor that creates a copy of the file that is being worked on that the user is having problems with simply by checking a check box so the fie can be sent to Lone wolf or other community members to fix the file. The export tool is very clunky and hard to use it would be much simpler for a tool to be built into the editor.
Kaleb is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Senior Member
Volunteer Data File Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago, IL (USA)
Posts: 10,730

Old October 9th, 2015, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post
would it be possible to make a feature for the editor that creates a copy of the file that is being worked on that the user is having problems with simply by checking a check box so the fie can be sent to Lone wolf or other community members to fix the file. The export tool is very clunky and hard to use it would be much simpler for a tool to be built into the editor.
From inside the editor go to "File->Save Data File As..." and then change to you desktop and save the file. Now you have a duplicate of the file you can easily find to send to anyone.

Second way is to simply go into the ProgramData\HeroLab\Data\Pathfinder folder and attach the file you wish to send. Export tool is made for giving a whole group of files an easy to install method. Not for sending a single file to someone.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
psych777
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 363

Old October 9th, 2015, 10:44 AM
can i add a feature request here too?

would love a sort feature in the windows kind of like the 'everything' and 'only valid items' but in the editor windows when the popup window has a bunch of check boxes. would love to have the options of 'everything' and 'selected'. this would be wonderful for when you are trying to doublecheck and already created item. for example, if checking on a custom ability and i click on Available To Class(es), the popup window has a list of 6268 items in it. if there is only 1 class supposed to be there but 2 or 3 are selected, i now have to scroll all the way through to see which are selected. but if we could select a drop down filter to 'selected' and the whole list would disappear except for those chosen...ahh soo easy to doublecheck things... )
psych777 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,794

Old October 9th, 2015, 11:39 AM
Open the window and click the ? to see what tag group that is, then close it and click the "tags" button in the upper right and scroll through the much shorter list there looking for tags of the group you desire.
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Senior Member
Volunteer Data File Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago, IL (USA)
Posts: 10,730

Old October 9th, 2015, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Open the window and click the ? to see what tag group that is, then close it and click the "tags" button in the upper right and scroll through the much shorter list there looking for tags of the group you desire.
In addition placing the cursor over the "x2" value next to the Blue Button will tell you the tag names selected. So in example for Spells/Powers it says "select Classes" so place the cursor next to the blue button "x3" to see all the classes selected.

Hope that makes sense.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Anpumes
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 57

Old October 9th, 2015, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
In addition placing the cursor over the "x2" value next to the Blue Button will tell you the tag names selected. So in example for Spells/Powers it says "select Classes" so place the cursor next to the blue button "x3" to see all the classes selected.

Hope that makes sense.
Now that is something I did not know and will help immensely in the future. Thank you!
Anpumes is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
psych777
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 363

Old October 9th, 2015, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
In addition placing the cursor over the "x2" value next to the Blue Button will tell you the tag names selected. So in example for Spells/Powers it says "select Classes" so place the cursor next to the blue button "x3" to see all the classes selected.

Hope that makes sense.
now that is freakin awesome! had no idea all this time! thanks!!
psych777 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.