Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Call of Cthulhu

Notices

LesCoxwell

Old September 17th, 2018, 07:46 AM
Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place but this is my first post on these forums.

I'm trying my hand at adding Occupations from the Investigators Handbook for CoC 7E. I started off with the Gun Moll, set up the occupation and saved it to a separate data file, tested the file to make sure that there were no errors in the file. All seemed to be hunky-dory until I tested it in HL and found that the option of Art/Craft(Any) as an Occupation Skill didn't work. I cannot seem to get any drop down options for the Art/Craft to appear at all. I've tried adding Art/Craft (any) on its own, adding all the art/craft skills with and without the (any) option and nothing seems to work.

I tried looking at the Occupation Skills for Entertainer to see how the LWD team had done it and discovered that whoever had done the occupation there had simply added Art/Craft (Acting) so you can only have an actor and nothing else, no singers, musicians, comedians, etc.

Any ideas on how to set this up?
LesCoxwell is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
LesCoxwell

Old September 18th, 2018, 12:03 AM
NM, after numerous attempts, seemingly at random at times, I have now managed to get this to work.
LesCoxwell is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
LesCoxwell

Old September 18th, 2018, 02:11 AM
Hmm, it seems I was somewhat premature in saying earlier that I had resolved my issue. I'm adding some more Occupations from the Inv. Handbook, specifically Archaeologist and have discovered that, not only am I now having the same problem with Science, when I went back to my Gun Moll to look at how I resolved the Art/Craft problem I found that that was not working again.
What seems to happen is that when I look at the Occupation description in HL proper, it show Art/Craft or Science as options to be selected as Occ Skills. When I go to the Occ Skill selection box no options are displayed for that skill although, in the case of Navigate for the Archaeologist that is showing but not Science Any. With the Gun Moll, I added Art/Craft any in the main Occupational skills box but in HL, nothing appears to add SP to.
LesCoxwell is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
LesCoxwell

Old September 28th, 2018, 11:40 AM
I have now managed to find a workaround for most of the problems I was having.

However I have found that two of the Occupations added by the Lone Wolf team (Antiquarian and Artist) have issues with Art and Craft skills that I now know how to correct but cannot as I am unable to edit the original files.

In addition, some Occupations listed in the 7E Investigator Handbook cannot be added currently as they have a need 3 sets of Occupational Skills Tables rather than the 2 sets currently available. These are as follows:
Laboratory Assistant – Needs 3 sets of Occ. Skills Table (Comp. Use or Library Use; Science (Chem +2 others); 1 other skill).
Secretary – Needs 3 sets of Occ. Skills Tables (Art/Craft (Typing or Shorthand); Comp. Use or Library Use; 1 other skill).
Student/Intern - Needs 3 sets of Occ. Skills Tables (Language Own or Other; 3 fields of study; 2 other skills).

It would be useful if the Occupational Skills Tables could be increased to 4 to allow greater choice. I cannot see any possible need for any further tables with only 8 skills needing to be added as a maximum.

Last edited by LesCoxwell; September 28th, 2018 at 11:43 AM.
LesCoxwell is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
davrion

Old October 13th, 2018, 05:44 AM
I'm running into the same issue you described, trying to create the Big Game Hunter occupation. What did you do for the workaround?

Last edited by davrion; October 14th, 2018 at 03:18 PM.
davrion is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
LesCoxwell

Old December 11th, 2018, 12:18 PM
Hi Davrion,
Sorry, I've only just seen your post. I've been waiting for a fix from Lone Wolf for this problem after logging a ticket.

I'm afraid that Big Game Hunter is another one of those Occupations with a need for 3 sets of choices between two skills. I haven't found a work around for it.
LesCoxwell is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
General_Tangent

Old June 22nd, 2019, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCoxwell View Post
I have now managed to find a workaround for most of the problems I was having.
How did you work around this issue?
General_Tangent is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 24th, 2019, 11:28 AM
Please be aware that the rest of this thread pre-dates the investigator's handbook being available in HL, and the original post was about entering some of the IH content using the editor before the official version was published, so please check what changes have been made in the editor since then, and if the issues being asked about here still exist.
Mathias is offline   #8 Reply With Quote