Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

Ryu359

Old April 15th, 2017, 08:10 AM
I'm currently trying to build a character in hero lab a friend of mine made. From what I saw he had chosen an adept way (for his mystic adept).

When I looked in hero lab despite having the adept ways book I did not find any quality or other way to choose an adept way. Am I overlooking something here?
Ryu359 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Kiirnodel

Old April 15th, 2017, 10:21 PM
The Ways are selected as Qualities. To gain the benefits of the Way (primarily discounts on certain Powers, but also some other bonuses too), you must purchase the Quality.

It is debatable whether initiating into a Way requires the quality first or not, but that isn't likely something you're worried about in making a new character.

EDIT: I just noticed that this is tagged as being for 4th edition, not 5th. I actually don't know off-hand how the ways are handled in HeroLab for 4th edition, and I don't have the Way of the Adept book package to be able to check, sorry.

I can say, however, that the Ways are considered to be Qualities in 4th edition. (I have the pdf, just not the content in HeroLab). Make sure you have the Book selected as available for the character, and try using the search box to look for "Way"

Last edited by Kiirnodel; April 16th, 2017 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Noticed 4th Ed. tag
Kiirnodel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Ryu359

Old April 15th, 2017, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiirnodel View Post
The Ways are selected as Qualities. To gain the benefits of the Way (primarily discounts on certain Powers, but also some other bonuses too), you must purchase the Quality.

It is debatable whether initiating into a Way requires the quality first or not, but that isn't likely something you're worried about in making a new character.
Interesting. Then I was correct with my assumption. Do you have any idea why I don't see the quality as buyable? (neither with "everything" nor with "display only valid items"....despite having bought the appropriate SR4 book way of the adept).

Edit: I got it to work in the meantime....somehow the book was unchecked despite me checking it, which was the reason for my problems. Tnx

Last edited by Ryu359; April 18th, 2017 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Updated infos.
Ryu359 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote