Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Goreshade

Old March 24th, 2016, 08:03 AM
Sounds like something from a Cthulhu story, I know, but the title sums it up in a nutshell.

While working in snippets, and in tables within snippets, I find lines between paragraphs where an empty space character exists for some reason followed by the return marker. Being the neat freak that I am I backspace it out and save. Whenever I come back to that tab later on and reopen it the spaces are back. This isn't a big deal for plain text but on tables it can throw cell alignment off and I like my tables!

Anyone else notice this?
Goreshade is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
King Chicken

Old March 24th, 2016, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goreshade View Post
Sounds like something from a Cthulhu story, I know, but the title sums it up in a nutshell.

While working in snippets, and in tables within snippets, I find lines between paragraphs where an empty space character exists for some reason followed by the return marker. Being the neat freak that I am I backspace it out and save. Whenever I come back to that tab later on and reopen it the spaces are back. This isn't a big deal for plain text but on tables it can throw cell alignment off and I like my tables!

Anyone else notice this?
I have noticed it, and have given up on it. There is a space that won't die™ every time I paste a table into a snippet that inserts in the line before the table. Impossible to remove, and used to offend my sense of order. However, I chose to ignore it in the interest of moving forward, and ultimately makes no difference to my life. Now, even if it was fixed, there is no way I'm going back through every statblock I pasted that table into and fixing it.

RW: D&D 5e Sandbox campaign - Faerun
RW: Pathfinder Sandbox in Greyhawk - waiting for Marketplace for PF rules
Using Fantasy Grounds for VTT, Waiting for Roll20Pro(Mage Hand) Release
RW: Paizo - Strange Aeons AP
King Chicken is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old March 24th, 2016, 11:05 AM
Report it as a bug if you have not already.

I know at least some instances of "extra spaces" are known (came up in back-and-forth for another bug I reported), but making sure that the LoneWolf staff knows about all the ways they occur is the best way to get as many as possible resolved.

Mentioning them here on the message boards doesn't mean they get seen as bugs.. and may even get lost if the boards get busy.
Silveras is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Jay_NOLA

Old March 26th, 2016, 07:58 AM
I had that happen a few times.

I ended up having to enter in tables by hand instead of doing a cut and past of just the entire table them from a PDF or spreadsheet.

I can do a cut and past of the table entries with no problem right below the Realm Works table I made for the entries to go into, and then can cut and past the previously pasted text into the correct location on the table I made.

In cases where it was just block of text causing it I had to do a cut and past in to Word or Open Office and change the font used in the text to another one and then cut and past the text with the now changed font into Realm Works.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 26th, 2016, 02:11 PM
As @Silveras indicated, please submit this as a bug if you haven't done so yet. Make sure to include screenshots showing how the table looks outside of RW and then again how it looks once pasted into RW. Also, please include a sample of a problematic table within a Word file, since that will allow us to reproduce this problem as quickly as possible (i.e. all we gotta do is paste it in).

Thanks!
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote