Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Save-vs-DM

Old October 26th, 2012, 09:20 PM
I've looked over the forums and I can't seem to find an answer to this.

In my games I have a house rule that all characters receive Charisma x 2 free points for contacts. They also get a free 2/1 contact for the setting. But i can't figure out how to do this in the editor. Can anyone help me please?
Save-vs-DM is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 27th, 2012, 11:20 AM
The simple way to do this is to use the "Build Points" adjustment on the Permanent Adjustments table on the Personal tab to add the correct number of bonus BP, or add a negative number of "Build Points Spent" on the same table to compensate the character for some of the BP they spent on contacts.

The more complex way is going to require the "Mechanics" tab, which I have not had the time to add to the editor yet, so I'm sorry that's not available yet.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
nylanfs

Old October 29th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Is there a particular reason why they couldn't add the contacts AFTER it's locked where contacts are free?
nylanfs is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Save-vs-DM

Old November 10th, 2012, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nylanfs View Post
Is there a particular reason why they couldn't add the contacts AFTER it's locked where contacts are free?
Um...no. No there is no reason. Now I feel really, really dumb.
Save-vs-DM is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
_Pax_

Old November 10th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Don't feel dumb. You asked an honest question, and now have two ways to solve your issue.
_Pax_ is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Bobson

Old January 8th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
The simple way to do this is to use the "Build Points" adjustment on the Permanent Adjustments table on the Personal tab to add the correct number of bonus BP, or add a negative number of "Build Points Spent" on the same table to compensate the character for some of the BP they spent on contacts.

The more complex way is going to require the "Mechanics" tab, which I have not had the time to add to the editor yet, so I'm sorry that's not available yet.
Could we get a "Free Contact Build Points" adjustment in the next version? There's already several different BP and BP limit adjustments, so it wouldn't be out of place to have one specifically for contacts.
Bobson is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
crowofpyke

Old January 14th, 2013, 09:48 AM
I would like to know how to turn off the validation nag if you choose NOT to spend creation points on your two "free" contacts during creation....
crowofpyke is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 14th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Personal tab - the Permanent Adjustments table. Add the "Starting Minimum Contacts" adjustment, and set it to -2.
Mathias is online now   #8 Reply With Quote