Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 3rd, 2014, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
Ultimately, having the option to choose Fractional or Additive would be the best option, but if that's not possible then pick one or the other, and use the adjustments option if you need to adjust what Hero Lab calculates to what your group is using.
Yea pretty much what I "plan" to do is allow a few different choices for doing multiclassed saves/BAB. I am 90% sure I can get Fractional values to work as I have a new component I built that tracks saves/BAB values so just need to add some fractional math to it.

The harder issue honestly right now is "time". I am just sort of out. I thought this addon would go pretty quick and most of it has. This save/BAB thing I didn't fully understand the "differences" that where in use. So didn't account for it. So why I will get back to this and add in some "choices" I think its going to be a few months. Which is why I added the adjustments directly into this download so that the values can be adjusted.

The adjustments are not perfect but I think they still come out easier than the making of archetypes in the editor.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #61 Reply With Quote
Dianae

Old August 3rd, 2014, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Yea pretty much what I "plan" to do is allow a few different choices for doing multiclassed saves/BAB. I am 90% sure I can get Fractional values to work as I have a new component I built that tracks saves/BAB values so just need to add some fractional math to it.
This is awesome news. I wasn't sure how much of the Saves and BAB values were hard code vs. soft code. Glad to hear the update even if it's just a "where my brain is right now" thing.
Quote:
The harder issue honestly right now is "time". I am just sort of out. I thought this addon would go pretty quick and most of it has. This save/BAB thing I didn't fully understand the "differences" that where in use. So didn't account for it. So why I will get back to this and add in some "choices" I think its going to be a few months. Which is why I added the adjustments directly into this download so that the values can be adjusted.
We all appreciate the effort you went through to get this to work. My players love that I've added them into our campaign, and are trying to get the other players to add it into their campaigns when they are on GM rotation.
Quote:
The adjustments are not perfect but I think they still come out easier than the making of archetypes in the editor.
Oh boy. You could say that again.
Dianae is offline   #62 Reply With Quote
Bobson

Old September 2nd, 2014, 03:25 PM
YAY!

Bobson immediately goes to download...
Bobson is offline   #63 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old September 2nd, 2014, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobson View Post
YAY!

Bobson immediately goes to download...
Glad to help. Just keep in mind that if you multiclass with the current version of the gestalt addon the BAB and Saves can come out different than you expect. For now I added a pair of adjustments that allows you to re-adjust the base values.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #64 Reply With Quote
tml

Old September 3rd, 2014, 05:13 PM
When I go to the "Gestalt" tab, the "Class Picker" items always show "Nothing to select!"
tml is offline   #65 Reply With Quote
Dianae

Old September 14th, 2014, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tml View Post
When I go to the "Gestalt" tab, the "Class Picker" items always show "Nothing to select!"
you need to select not just the Gestalt class on the Classes tab, but the two classes you want to gestalt together for your level.
Dianae is offline   #66 Reply With Quote
Dianae

Old October 3rd, 2014, 06:02 PM
Recently found a new to me feature in HeroLab, where hovering over the words "Gear Value" on the bar at the top of a portfolio shows the reccomended amount of gear for a character of your level...

it counts all the levels, so reports my 7th level fighter/rogue as a 21st level character.

Not sure where that falls on the "what we can/cannot Manipulate" scale.
Dianae is offline   #67 Reply With Quote
ccndr

Old December 2nd, 2014, 11:49 AM
The only downside to this is that my gm is letting us go into Gestalt characters at level 6. So we already have 6 level into one class and we are getting new classes from level 1. Is there any way that you can make it so we can have 1 level of gestalt and can have the other levels of just 1 class?
ccndr is offline   #68 Reply With Quote
ccndr

Old January 8th, 2015, 10:33 AM
This thread seems to be dead any plans to continue to update this? This tool is super usefull!!. Let me give a little more explanation on what is happening to my character also.

I am trying to go from.
Rogue 1
Rogue 2
Rogue 3
Rogue 4
Rogue 5
Rogue 6
To a gestalt charcter like this
Rogue 1 / Fighter 1
Rogue 2
Rogue 3
Rogue 4
Rogue 5
Rogue 6

This does seem toi be possible and everything is added to it except BAB/Saves/ and Skill points.

BaB goes to 1 Instead of 5
Saves change a little bit
And for some reason i lose like 40 Skillpoints

Does anyone have any idea of how to fix this or if you will update this to fix something like this?
ccndr is offline   #69 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old January 8th, 2015, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccndr View Post
This thread seems to be dead any plans to continue to update this? This tool is super usefull!!. Let me give a little more explanation on what is happening to my character also.
The basic tool works but it does not deal well with "unusual" exceptions or sometimes Multitasking with Gestalt. Yes I will be getting back to this but not currently as I have too many other projects going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccndr View Post
I am trying to go from.
Rogue 1
Rogue 2
Rogue 3
Rogue 4
Rogue 5
Rogue 6
To a gestalt charcter like this
Rogue 1 / Fighter 1
Rogue 2
Rogue 3
Rogue 4
Rogue 5
Rogue 6
Well yea this idea was "never" even thought about as its so strange. Gestalt is meant to be for all levels not just one level.

So if you are changing to a gestalt character you need to add 6 levels of fighter and 6 levels of Gestalt. Then on the Gestalt tab you would select Rogue / Fighter six times for levels 1 to 6. Do that and you will find the calculations working and HL will think you are only a 6th level character.

But I never built it with the idea of only "one" level being gestalt.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #70 Reply With Quote