Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

MardukBathory

Old January 28th, 2022, 05:31 AM
Does anybody know if there are any plans to make (the complete version of) Deep Magic available to buy for Hero Lab? I've checked the various KP packages on offer and it doesn't seem to be included there unless I've managed to completely overlook it (which I admit is an all-too-real possibility).

Even though I hadn't looked into the Deep Magic series, and I only backed the KS campaign because I was so impressed by the Tome of Beasts / Creature Codex books, it has since become the most indispensable 5e book in my collection, more so than any of the official books other than the PHB and Monster Manual.

So I figured it was high time I ponied up the cash to buy the HL version as well, only to discover it doesn't actually exist *sweat smile*

(I'm really sorry if this has been asked and answered, I did search but I couldn't find anything completely pertinent).

Thanks in advance!
MardukBathory is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old January 28th, 2022, 06:26 AM
I have no idea if it’s buried somewhere or if it’s not but it planned for the future. I’m just commenting to say I, too LOVE the Creature Codex and Tome of Beasts books. Unless I totally missed something, only Tome of Beasts 1 has actually been made available, which I did buy.

I’d buy Creature Codex, Tome of Beasts II, and the upcoming Tome of Beasts III for HLC in a heartbeat, even though I could probably get them into HL myself with a week or two of effort.

Hell, I’ll do it for you, LWD. Call me!

For real though, I think LWD has moved on from HLC and 5e products in particular. I’d bet the money just isn’t there to invest in additional work, both demand-side and in labor/time supply-side. I’m not criticizing them for it; you gotta follow the money. But I wouldn’t hold your breath on it.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!

Last edited by Fenris447; January 28th, 2022 at 06:30 AM.
Fenris447 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old January 28th, 2022, 10:12 AM
A lot of the spells should be in the Midgard Heroes Handbook they sell - that book included a lot of spells and some subclasses from the following:

Ley Lines
Ring
Rune
Dragon
Heiroglyph
Chaos
High Elven
Clockwork
Labyrinth
Angelic
Battle
Rothinian
Angelic
Shadow
Illumination
Elemental

It's not everything but it's a decent start.

LW and KP probably would have an issue with a community author including them in the files with an existing license for material in place. The spells are extremely easy to add in a personal file though - it's mainly copy/paste and click a few buttons if you don't want to be fancy.
dungeonguru is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old January 28th, 2022, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dungeonguru View Post
LW and KP probably would have an issue with a community author including them in the files with an existing license for material in place. The spells are extremely easy to add in a personal file though - it's mainly copy/paste and click a few buttons if you don't want to be fancy.
Exactly why I didn't put in Creature Codex and ToB2 ages ago. Eventually I'll get around to making them for myself, but I can't really distribute that

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
MardukBathory

Old January 30th, 2022, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris447 View Post
For real though, I think LWD has moved on from HLC and 5e products in particular. I’d bet the money just isn’t there to invest in additional work, both demand-side and in labor/time supply-side. I’m not criticizing them for it; you gotta follow the money. But I wouldn’t hold your breath on it.

Sorry, "LWD"?

Edit - oh, you mean loan wolf devs?
MardukBathory is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old January 30th, 2022, 06:06 PM
Lone Wolf Development, yeah.

Fenris447 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote