Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

EightBitz

Old January 27th, 2017, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
Yeah, that's a little bit more of a pain. I've been working on a tool to unpack MHT files (think "web site saved as an email with attachments") which has to deal with the same thing.
With PowerShell, the deed itself is just two lines of script.
Code:
$bytes = [Convert]::FromBase64String($Contents)
[IO.File]::WriteAllBytes($FilePath,$bytes)
The painful part is integrating it with everything around it.
EightBitz is offline   #91 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old January 27th, 2017, 07:03 PM
Well, yeah. Also you have to know you don't mind spending the RAM for it. (RW's 30MB limit helps there.)

I keep wanting to make a more fully fleshed out tool instead of just a quick-and-dirty thing that does what I'm actually trying to accomplish. :)

Last edited by Parody; January 27th, 2017 at 07:28 PM.
Parody is online now   #92 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 27th, 2017, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
Well, yeah. Also you have to know you don't mind spending the RAM for it. (RW's 30MB limit helps there.)

I keep wanting to make a more fully fleshed out tool instead of just a quick-and-dirty thing that does what I'm actually trying to accomplish. :)
Meh, these days everyone as an extra jigawatt or two of RAM.
EightBitz is offline   #93 Reply With Quote
tmilktoast

Old January 28th, 2017, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
Yep, that's exactly how I fixed it for him. Then he has to go and ask if it's possible to extract the images and such instead of leaving them embedded.

So guess what I've been working on... That's the thanks I get for helping him out. Jerk. ;-p
You're very welcome.

I mean, thank you.
tmilktoast is offline   #94 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old January 28th, 2017, 05:55 PM
Anyone else seeing this go non-responsive when it runs the script? It works don't get me wrong. And it looks great. But the GUI freezes up and I need to close it out manually.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #95 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 28th, 2017, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Anyone else seeing this go non-responsive when it runs the script? It works don't get me wrong. And it looks great. But the GUI freezes up and I need to close it out manually.
The GUI disables itself while the script is running. When the script completes, the GUI reactivates itself. This happens to indicate when the script starts and when it completes, so you're not left wondering. There are probably better ways to manage this, and I can work on that later, but for now, that's how it works.

If the GUI remains greyed out and non-responsive, there's an issue with the script, or at least with that particular run of it. I'd need more details, of course, to determine exactly what's happening here.

Maybe something is getting caught in a loop, or maybe something is happening to prevent the form from reactivating itself. Maybe the script is taking longer to run than you realize. Various possibilities exist.
EightBitz is offline   #96 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 28th, 2017, 06:39 PM
In the next release, I'll just disable the run button instead. That will still offer an indicator that the script is active without disabling the whole form.
EightBitz is offline   #97 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old January 28th, 2017, 06:40 PM
I did the same export twice and it appears to have completed but just stays disabled. Ill try it with a different file and see if the export is the cause.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #98 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 29th, 2017, 11:11 AM
New version up.

https://github.com/EightBitz/RWExpor...Version-0.9.1b
EightBitz is offline   #99 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 29th, 2017, 11:00 PM
I just updated the GUI. I got the "Load" button working, and I added a "Save Defaults" button. The Load button will only work properly with scripts saved by the GUI.

I figure these two changes will make life immensely easier for anyone using the GUI.

EDIT: Click the link in the first post. I didn't change version numbers or anything. This one's just a quickie with no changes to the primary script.
EightBitz is offline   #100 Reply With Quote