Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

zarlor

Old July 31st, 2013, 08:01 AM
Weird War II for Hero Lab has just been released as yet another free setting for your enjoyment. As always please let me know if you run into any issues with it or find any errors. LoneWolf does a pretty good job of catching my mistakes (thanks a ton, CapedCrusader!) but it always seems like there is something that slips through the cracks. I always try to respond to those pretty quickly so definitely let me know if you see anything you need me to fix.

Of note, I have added "WWII: Reinforcements" as an optional source. That's a supplement available directly from the Pinnacle website (http://www.peginc.com/freebies/WWSav...tsVehicles.pdf) to give everyone some extra vehicles to work with.

Enjoy!

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old July 31st, 2013, 11:01 AM
Well about Dang time!!!! LOL
Thanks for the file buddy.
jbearwillis is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Blinkey

Old August 19th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Hello all,

Please make socks and other stackable items have the Merge Existing set under Stacking.

The Equipment that is gained from MOS selection cannot be removed from the character.

My group has picked up a few German weapons. I added the Axis weapons under these Weapon Types in my data file.
Weapon Group - Weapon Type
- German Small Arms - Modern Rifle
– German Special Weapons – Modern Assault Weapons
– Japanese Small Arms – Special: Rocket Launchers
– Japanese Special Weapons – Special: Missiles

The Field Medical Kit added from the Medic (Army) and Medic (Marine) do not stack with other Field Medical Kits purchased later.

thanks,
rob
Blinkey is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old August 19th, 2013, 01:04 PM
I hate when I miss mergeable stacks. Sorry. I'll fix that. I don't know why the Field Medical Kits wouldn't stack, though. The MOS just adds the same, stackable, one from gear so I don't actually know how I would fix that.

For the Axis weapons that was a hard one. That will take some time, first off, but also because I have to work out all the possible groups and see if I have enough groupings to make them all work. I thought I didn't really, at least not breaking them down into German and Japanese but maybe if I just make them all "Axis" I can fit it... I'll put out a fix on the merging stuff and take a closer look at what I can do about Axis weapons. Come to that I suppose I should probably look at adding the Black Magic Arcane Background, too. It's not supposed to be available to players, of course, but it is the primary one used by the opposition so for GMs it might be wanted.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old August 19th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Ok, v1.1 up making some more items stackable. If you really think something else needs to be stackable let me know. ow to look at weapons, though...

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old August 19th, 2013, 04:17 PM
And I had enough time to put up a v1.2!

v1.2
Added German and Japanese Small Weapons and Special Weapons.
Added AB: Nazi Blood Magic.
Added Nazi and Japanese factions.
(the latter two items meant for NPCs, of course.)

Blinkey, I used the same categories you did so this update shouldn't mess up anything about the way you had it. The next consideration is for all the rest of the weapons or vehicles. I think the rest of the weapons are not a big deal (except maybe for a GM setting up an encounter in Hero Lab but I've had pretty much no feedback when I asked previously from folks using it for that purpose, at least not for Savage Worlds.) The vehicles I can see as something PCs might have a chance to steal/use but they take a LONG time to enter in so I think I'll wait until someone says they really need that functionality before bothering. I don't really want to take the extra time to do it if nobody is really going to use it anyway.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old August 30th, 2013, 09:52 AM
I just noticed something I think I probably need to get fixed for the next release of this. It looks like when you bootstrap gear (like I do here since certain MOSes start off with specific gear) it doesn't let you delete or modify that gear. I may have to set them up as Gizmos for that to work properly so look for a fix for that in the near future.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #7 Reply With Quote