Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

GL29

Old September 21st, 2011, 12:16 PM
Ever since I had to do a wipe and reinstall of my system I have to go through reactivating my license every time there's any sort of an update. I'm not sure what got messed up on my system to cause this but I'm thinking the only way to fix it may be to delete and reinstall HL again. Has anyone else experienced anything like this and if so was there anything you did to "fix" it without having to reinstall the software again? I don't mind doing the reinstall again, it's having to reactivate it and wait a few days to be able to use it that I'm trying to avoid if possible.

Also is there any way to get the reactivation process sped up at all in cases like this? While I'm sure things like this are rare sometimes when they do happen it's at just the wrong time (thank you Murphy). In my case I updated HL so I could print out some stuff for a new game that's starting tonight and now I'm hung up waiting for the reactivation notice which probably wont show for a day or two I really knew better to do that right before I needed to use it but dummy me did it anyway. Too much work on the brain I guess.

Anyway any help/info/incite would be greatly appreciated!
GL29 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 21st, 2011, 12:37 PM
Do you have Hero Lab installed on mutiple computers?

Did you use a different license number for each computer? (You can check this in the Help menu within Hero Lab - choose "About Hero Lab"
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
GL29

Old September 21st, 2011, 01:14 PM
I have it installed on my lap top as a back up, but I haven't even turned that on in a long time. Humm.... now that I think about it the last time I had that on was when I reformatted my main computer...... humm.....

I cant check the license numbers until I get the reactivation, the one on my main comp only says "V3.8a - #276 - unlicensed" now

Sorry I'm a bit spotty answering. I'm up to my eyeballs in work and I'm trying to pop in as often as I can
GL29 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 21st, 2011, 01:20 PM
In order to install Hero Lab on a second computer, use the "Obtain Secondary License" option within the License menu - that'll give you a free second license number (or allow you to purchase the 3rd and 4th). Then, use a different license number on each of the computers you install Hero Lab on.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
GL29

Old September 21st, 2011, 01:26 PM
Thank you Mathias, maybe that's what I did. Err didnt do. You know what I mean lol

As soon as I get HL reactivated I'll check it to see!
GL29 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote