Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

jerrycnh

Old March 31st, 2014, 08:48 AM
This should be a nice easy, minor one.

When your snippet type is a tag, say, Gender, then when you create a topic, it shows up in the topic as "Gender:" and then your choice.

When your snipped type is text, however, it doesn't have that lead in, it just creates a text box inside of which there is the name of the snippet. This leaves me with the inconvenience of having to retype the lead in before every step.

Example: In my individual category, I have a section for relationships, and I have several snippets - Mother, Father, Spouse, Child, etc. - all with Text entry types. I figured I'd create links to other topics in there and essentially have a nice interlinked family tree.

When I created my first person, Edward, and added a snippet for Mother (I set it so none of them auto add, since I figured a lot of them would be inapplicable at any given time), I got a text box with mother marked inside of it. So now for it to display the way I want, I have to actually type "Mother: Jeanette" instead of just typing "Jeanette".

So my request is for a check box option "include lead in" or some such when creating a snippet, that will allow it to display the snippet's name in front of the snippet.

Last edited by jerrycnh; March 31st, 2014 at 09:01 AM.
jerrycnh is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
monsterfurby

Old March 31st, 2014, 09:17 AM
+1 Agreed, the workaround of creating the snippet as tag is workable, but I still find it unsettling to have the tag selection there even though there will never be a tag assigned to the snippet.
monsterfurby is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dr_Automaton

Old March 31st, 2014, 09:43 AM
There have been several threads for it already, but I still wish there was an option to add a label to text snippets. +1
Dr_Automaton is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
jerrycnh

Old March 31st, 2014, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Automaton View Post
There have been several threads for it already, but I still wish there was an option to add a label to text snippets. +1
And here I thought I was breaking ground. Guess that'll learn me that I should search the forums before I New Topic something.
jerrycnh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old March 31st, 2014, 12:52 PM
+1 to this.

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #5 Reply With Quote