Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Koro76

Old January 24th, 2020, 11:22 AM
I'd like to request the ability to sort scripts into folders and subfolders.

When running a campaign that uses a lot of scripts (or rolling out a GM data pack), it would be useful to divide scripts into where you are in the story.

To give a scenario: I'm running the PF2 Age of Ashes adventure path and I want encounter scripts to run quickly and easily. Instead of adding each monster by type, scripts are useful in that I can pre-load monsters and their positions on and off camera. Great. However, if I'm preparing in advance, say, a chapter of an adventure, or even a book, or the whole campaign if I want to be REALLY on top of things, then I end up with a ton of scripts that i need to scroll through, run a search on, or develop an arbitrary method of organizing them so they pop up where I want them in the list. With a folder structure, it would be as simple as navigating to Age of Ashes -> Book 1 -> Chapter 1. Further, this kind of feature already exists for characters.

Now, some of you may be saying "but if you've already created an Age of Ashes campaign, why do you want an Age of Ashes folder?"

Easy! Say I'm running a homebrew, and I think "Hey! Encounter A3 from Book 1 of Age of Ashes would go great here!". Instead of having to re-create the entire script, I can simply click into the folder and import the script as my current script. This would also allow for much easier organization for people who want to keep some nice generic encounters in their back pocket. If, down the road, LWD allows us GMs to share scripts between users, there are some obvious organization benefits there as well (as well as a potential boon for LWD in the form of less server space).

As for retired scripts, this could simply be a flag to say that you've already run a script in your current campaign, as a reminder.

I think that this structuring will not only help us GMs at home, but aid in the organization of released GM adventure path content packs, so it's not overwhelming.

Feedback is welcome!

Last edited by Koro76; January 24th, 2020 at 11:35 AM.
Koro76 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 24th, 2020, 11:42 AM
We do plan to offer folders for a lot of aspects in campaigns, e.g. scripts, cast, etc. In fact, a lot of the infrastructure for them is baked in already, but there is more work to do to expose them via the interface. We hope to get them in later in the beta.
Joe is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Koro76

Old January 24th, 2020, 11:48 AM
Awesome! Thanks for the response!

Any comments in regards to the ability to share these things cross-GM? With that kind of infrastructure, there may some hurdles, but it seems possible.
Koro76 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote