Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

bodrin

Old May 10th, 2017, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Just FYI we only have the Community Pack. No more individual downloads. Just one.
Yeah I meant "Community Pack" for the Psionics. However it's not what I typed!

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #121 Reply With Quote
ajax666

Old May 13th, 2017, 04:48 PM
Yes. Downloading the community pack fixed the problem.

Thanks!
ajax666 is offline   #122 Reply With Quote
StormNobleheart

Old June 22nd, 2017, 02:54 PM
Greetings,

I recently updated some of the characters for a Forgotten Realms game and noticed that the updated version of the Half Elf race is giving the character the Elven language twice when selecting a Forgotten Realms character region in the traits tab. In this case, the Yuirwood (Elf Region). The ethnicities tab also shows 1 of 2 (1 Left). I tried to figure out a way to hide the second Elven language entry but was unsuccessful. Any help is appreciated. Thank you for your time.
StormNobleheart is offline   #123 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old June 23rd, 2017, 06:38 AM
New way that the Forgotten Realms handles Elves and Half-Elves is rather Experimental. It is the first step in removing the Racial Clutter from all of race specific content; especially dealing with subraces from all of my content.

I've gotten tired of seeing six or seven different "Elves," three different humans, nine different dwarves, five different orcs.. etc..

With that in mind there are some bugs that I am aware of, although I wasn't aware of the language issue. Although, it shouldnt be all that hard for me to fix. The extra ethnicity is something I was aware of and didn't quite have a chance to fix.

I will take a look at it over the next week and see if it is something I can easily fix. If it is, I will push an update, if it isn't I'll try and create a temporary, adjustment script to override.

Now, I will say that the issues that I am aware of regarding the Ethnicities include:
  1. Ethnicity sometimes shows an extra ethnicity.
  2. Languages are sometimes duplicated.
  3. Racial abilities are sometimes duplicated.
  4. Regions/Ethnicities are sometimes displayed for sources not selected.

My eventual goal is to remove the "Extra trait" slot and have that handled as a dropdown box on the Background tab. Then hide the Trait regions, they are massive clutter.

The problem with that is the bootstraps involved, it is a little cumbersome to include bootstraps through dropdown selection. The easiest method would be to bootstrap the "Hidden" trait from the option. Problem with that is there would need to be some form of race check. No not allow any bootstrapping for selections invalid for a given race.

It is compounded by the problem that I still haven't found a way to disable and hide FRCS regions when on races that do not use FRCS regions. I considered tieing it in to the Region Class skills, so when region class skills are disabled FRCS regions as a mechanic are hidden as well.

The region knowledge skills is often unused and really, really clutters the skills tab. The problem is that the Regions often grant benefits. I will keep everyone posted as soon as I can look into this.

I'm currently entering in NPCS into r20 for bk 4 of kingmaker, which will take then next week or two. Once that is done I'll be able to devote some serious time to the regions and such. If any one has some thoughts on this I'd love to hear them.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #124 Reply With Quote
StormNobleheart

Old June 23rd, 2017, 08:21 AM
Thank you for taking the time to look into these issues.
StormNobleheart is offline   #125 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old June 23rd, 2017, 08:49 AM
TobyFox2002, I sent you a Pvt. message about this and here is the screen shots. Is this what you are looking for?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Races 1.jpg (243.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Races 2.jpg (165.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Races 3.jpg (113.7 KB, 7 views)
jbearwillis is offline   #126 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old June 24th, 2017, 05:03 AM
I want to thank Jbearwillis for helping me get rid of clutter. He has provided an extensive framework that will allow me to get rid of the Dozens of different Subrace variants in the Race list.

I will try and post an update to implement this by the end of the summer. As it is it will take that much time to test and implement this. This will also remove the FRCS Region racial special when ever you select ELF or Human or etc, and it will only show up if you have selected a FRCS subrace.

This will also allow for some other interesting mixes expecially when using crossover worlds such as Ravenloft, and hopefully will reduce the difficulty when you have multiple settings selected.

There is one small issue that comes up with this. I will dramatically change how races and subraces are handled in hero labs for any of the subraces contained in my community packs. Elves, Half-Elves, Orcs, Half-Orcs, Halflings, Humans, Gnomes, Dwarves, Assimar and Tiefling are being affected. But only as far as the sub-races go for Forgotten Realms, Dragonlance, Ravenloft, Dark Sun (possibly). This should have no affect on Eberron or Paizo nor any 3pp material.

Also, some of these may conflict with Alternate Racial Traits. Especially when they replace things that have already been replaced by a Subrace. Technically, an ART that replaces KEEN SENSES should replace Improved Keen Senses instead. However, when the ART is a 3rd party. Or a non-core Paizo ART, I run into issues.

I will keep all of you posted.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #127 Reply With Quote
Dhrakken

Old June 27th, 2017, 03:52 PM
So I've added this to my source files but I can't seem to be able to get the dragonlance files to show up in hero lab. What do I need to activate to get to see this in my default hero lab? I desperately need to be able to build some draconians for my reign of winter campaign, help!
Dhrakken is offline   #128 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old June 27th, 2017, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrakken View Post
So I've added this to my source files but I can't seem to be able to get the dragonlance files to show up in hero lab. What do I need to activate to get to see this in my default hero lab? I desperately need to be able to build some draconians for my reign of winter campaign, help!
You need to make sure you have all the dragonlance source material enabled and the D&D Conversion source selected as well. If you have all of those selected and it still isnt working... I'd need additional information.

P.S., Draconians... in Reign of Winter... I'd love to hear your ideas on that one.. feel free to PM or send me a message on skype. That sounds fascinating.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #129 Reply With Quote
Dhrakken

Old June 28th, 2017, 07:31 AM
Thanks, I'll Skype you tomorrow evening if you're free!
Dhrakken is offline   #130 Reply With Quote