Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

brewdus

Old August 12th, 2015, 10:51 AM
Finally figured it out! Had to disable display scaling under the program properties! Thank God!
brewdus is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old August 24th, 2015, 10:11 AM
it looks like your display is stuck at 640x480 mode. Try rebooting Windows 10 in safe mode and try adjusting your display resolution there and then reboot.
LazarX is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old September 19th, 2015, 02:35 PM
Just a heads up after the latest insider build (Windows 10 build 10547). I ain't able to reactivate or obtain updates from Hero Lab. I already filed a bug report and waiting for a response currently
Togainu is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 20th, 2015, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Togainu View Post
Just a heads up after the latest insider build (Windows 10 build 10547). I ain't able to reactivate or obtain updates from Hero Lab. I already filed a bug report and waiting for a response currently
If you're a part of the Windows insider group, let us know in your bug report. We have worked with users in this situation before by authorizing their license for reassignment prior to the next update.
liz is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old September 21st, 2015, 05:27 AM
Thank you for the response Liz. That information is in my ticket and I already mailed before hand to release my license for the update. But the issue I am running in is that Hero Lab can't connect to the servers for me currently. This is the only piece of software currently unavailable to do so.

So just wanted to give other insiders a heads up just in case this is an actual new Windows build issue. I am just getting error messages when trying to connect to the update server and it tells me that it can't communicate with the license server either. But well this is all in the support ticket which I will wait patiently on an answer on to work together with you all to figure out what might be causing this behavior.
Togainu is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
IllusionNull

Old September 21st, 2015, 09:56 AM
I'm a part of the Windows 10 Insider program and currently have build 10547 installed on my Surface Pro 1.

I'm unable to connect to the hero lab license servers to reactivate my license or access upgrades. Any attempt to do so (I've uninstalled and reinstalled, ensured firewall rules are set, etc.) results in the error message attached to this post (ERR_CORE_INTERNET_CANCEL).

It was working on just before I upgraded to the new build, so no new software have been installed beyond the new OS build itself.
Attached Images
File Type: png err_core_internet_cancel.PNG (370.7 KB, 5 views)
IllusionNull is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old September 21st, 2015, 10:03 AM
Looks around for the soapbox..........

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 21st, 2015, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionNull View Post
I'm a part of the Windows 10 Insider program and currently have build 10547 installed on my Surface Pro 1.

I'm unable to connect to the hero lab license servers to reactivate my license or access upgrades. Any attempt to do so (I've uninstalled and reinstalled, ensured firewall rules are set, etc.) results in the error message attached to this post (ERR_CORE_INTERNET_CANCEL).

It was working on just before I upgraded to the new build, so no new software have been installed beyond the new OS build itself.
If you haven't already, please contact our support team (support@wolflair.com) with this information (and this screen shot) so that our development team can look into the issue.
liz is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old September 21st, 2015, 10:21 AM
That is the same issue I have with the Windows 10 preview build 10547 that was why I mentioned it. Sorry to see some missed it before upgrading.

Small update on the current status: been contacted at the moment to start working on troubleshooting this issue.

Last edited by Togainu; September 21st, 2015 at 12:02 PM.
Togainu is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Hargert

Old September 25th, 2015, 08:54 AM
I am seeing the same issue on preview build 10547. Unable to contact server or upgrades. Please let me know if you need another person to test/troubleshoot it.
Hargert is offline   #30 Reply With Quote