Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

kbs666

Old December 15th, 2016, 09:26 AM
I did a fair amount of pasting from PDF's earlier this year and I had really terrible results unless I went for the ctrl-alt-V paste text as unformatted single paragraph option.

I don't think I ever crashed but I certainly had all kinds of weird formatting issues.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old December 15th, 2016, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
I did a fair amount of pasting from PDF's earlier this year and I had really terrible results unless I went for the ctrl-alt-V paste text as unformatted single paragraph option.

I don't think I ever crashed but I certainly had all kinds of weird formatting issues.
I always use the CTRL+ALT+V, and always choose one of the two unformatted options. Other wise I end up with a formatted mess.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 15th, 2016, 01:42 PM
I got the PDFs, thank you. Unfortunately, I have attempted copying from several locations in both PDFs, and am experiencing no formatting problems. I'm afraid this is going to come down to some very specific set of circumstances, of exactly what operations you are performing in what order on what exact section of content.

So I think the only possible next step is that I will need a screencast that shows you going through the exact steps to receive bad behavior. I don't think a detailed writeup will be enough, as every single nuance will end up mattering.

In some ways this is not surprising. If it had a straightforward reproduction case, we'd be getting identical reports from many people any time they tried to do simple formatting.
Joe is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old December 16th, 2016, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
I got the PDFs, thank you. Unfortunately, I have attempted copying from several locations in both PDFs, and am experiencing no formatting problems. I'm afraid this is going to come down to some very specific set of circumstances, of exactly what operations you are performing in what order on what exact section of content.

So I think the only possible next step is that I will need a screencast that shows you going through the exact steps to receive bad behavior. I don't think a detailed writeup will be enough, as every single nuance will end up mattering.

In some ways this is not surprising. If it had a straightforward reproduction case, we'd be getting identical reports from many people any time they tried to do simple formatting.
OK I will be vigilant and really try and "capture" what happens (who, what how, where etc).

Figures I get the weird ones always!

So far only one crash since update, that alone has proven to be a milestone for me.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #44 Reply With Quote