Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 19th, 2016, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarX View Post
Is there a way to alter the number of free spells per level if that's changed by a custom feat?
I am sure this can be done. Just need to look at the Spellbook Pick for a field that controls the number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarX View Post
I'd also like to be able to create such a feat that's not retroactive before the level in which it's gained.
Unless some "crazy" new logic was added to HL this can not be done. HL only understands your current level it has no idea when you actually "took" a feat or ability.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Arazyr

Old April 20th, 2016, 04:08 PM
The free spells tracking seems to include the (3 + Int mod) free 1st level spells at 1st level, except the number seems to increase as the character's Int increases from the ability score increases every four levels. Shouldn't it only count the starting Int mod?
Arazyr is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
DreadKatak

Old April 26th, 2016, 07:39 PM
Bug Report -

Unchained Auto Bonus Progression sources

When applying an Armor Attunement bonus to clothing (non-armor), the Enhancement bonus is applied directly to Armor Class, which falsifies your Touch AC.

I am currently using this code to work around the issue:

Code:
if (hero.child[ArmorClass].field[BonEnhance].value >= 1) then
  hero.child[ArmorClass].field[tACTouch].value -= hero.child[ArmorClass].field[BonEnhance].value
endif
At present, I do not believe that it is possible to completely fix the root of this problem, as the required components are 'under the hood,' so to speak and the source is unavailable.
DreadKatak is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
william19k

Old May 13th, 2016, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arazyr View Post
The free spells tracking seems to include the (3 + Int mod) free 1st level spells at 1st level, except the number seems to increase as the character's Int increases from the ability score increases every four levels. Shouldn't it only count the starting Int mod?

I noticed the same thing. Also when I equipped a +4 intelligence headband it wanted to give me 2 more free spells. I'm pretty sure it isn't supposed to work that way. Or am I wrong? Is this a bug?
william19k is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Mystic Lemur

Old May 15th, 2016, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prd
Permanent Bonuses: Ability bonuses with a duration greater than 1 day actually increase the relevant ability score after 24 hours. Modify all skills and statistics as appropriate. This might cause you to gain skill points, hit points, and other bonuses. These bonuses should be noted separately in case they are removed.
To me, free first level spells is just another bonus of intelligence, just like skill points, bonus spell slots, starting languages, etc. I see nothing on the paizo boards that would lead me to believe otherwise. In fact:
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Jacobs
All bonuses are retroactive when an ability score increases, be they bonuses to damage, to skill ranks, to hit points, to saves, to skill checks... all of them. Skill ranks not being retroactive are a 3.5 convention we specifically removed from the game because it was a weird exception to the rule, and since now there are no exceptions to this rule, there's no need to specifically state that skill ranks are retroactively granted if your Intelligence goes up.
This would seem to support that you get the free spells.
Mystic Lemur is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 16th, 2016, 05:32 AM
Our understanding is that because all permanent increases to attributes are retroactive you do get extra starting spells. Think about it, you get extra starting languages, extra skill points for previous levels, why would spells be any different?
Aaron is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old May 16th, 2016, 08:19 AM
Since the rule states that "The wizard also selects a number of additional 1st-level spells equal to his Intelligence modifier to add to the spellbook", does Hero Lab enforce the level of new spells added?

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
radionausea

Old May 16th, 2016, 09:00 AM
Is the skill points per level adjustment part of the community pack or part of herolab? I've submitted a bug report that skill points per level can't be overridden form Eldritch Scoundrel - but thought i'd raise it here in case it's part of the Pack.
radionausea is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
radionausea

Old May 16th, 2016, 09:01 AM
posted in the wrong thread, sorry
radionausea is offline   #39 Reply With Quote