Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

FreakFire74

Old August 2nd, 2018, 04:18 AM
By the way, I finished A but the Abyssal Wretch is not in the monster file. I will now focus on letter B since I kinda understand this so I think its better if we add it later or if someone else adds it.
FreakFire74 is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
FreakFire74

Old August 4th, 2018, 06:33 AM
Okay 2 more questions:

1) Bael has a "Hellish Morningstar" melee attack. Does this count as weapon or a natural attack? I've added it as a special racial ability but it's not listed under attacks so I should change that.

Edit: I've added an "Othe Melee Attack" now. But it's a bit tricky since it is a (custom) weapon and those will be added later, no?. I will leave it like this for now.

2) How are legendary abilities listed in HL? I've set them as a legendary ability but is that all I need to do?

Last edited by FreakFire74; August 4th, 2018 at 08:30 AM.
FreakFire74 is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
FreakFire74

Old August 4th, 2018, 06:39 AM
Also, how do we go about "Lair actions"?

I know we can add a Lair Heading but Lair Actions dont have a name. So how do we do this?

Same goes for "Regional Effects"

EDIT: I've added "Lair Action" to the name of the ability. For instance: "Lair Action: Invisibility". The abilities I tried to add don't have names but I just used something that fit the power.

Still baffled about regional abilities though.

Last edited by FreakFire74; August 4th, 2018 at 08:04 AM.
FreakFire74 is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
FreakFire74

Old August 4th, 2018, 08:13 AM
One more question: some melee attacks have reach. For instance I have a Bite attack and a Tentacle attack. Both are Melee and I've set their ranges when I added them as natural attacks. However, they are not showing up in the "Armory". Is that normal? I seem to remember I've had this problem with MM & ToB foes while playing.
FreakFire74 is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
FreakFire74

Old August 4th, 2018, 08:34 AM
Sorry for the overload of questions but these Demons are just so tricky.

My Baphomet has Str 30. Yet he's only getting a +5 on damage. In the book his damage is +10. How do I fix this?

There is a Baphomet from Out of the Abyss in Herolab as well but there the creature also has a +5 instead of a +10 so whoever did that also didn't adjust the damage correctly.

Things I tried: adjusting Strength Modifier to 30 instead of 20. The damage did not adjust.

Last edited by FreakFire74; August 4th, 2018 at 08:59 AM.
FreakFire74 is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old August 4th, 2018, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakFire74 View Post
My Baphomet has Str 30. Yet he's only getting a +5 on damage. In the book his damage is +10. How do I fix this?

When you're testing Baphomet are you testing him as a Hero or an NPC.?Hero cap out is at Str 20, so it does +5 only. If you hit Ctrl-K make sure it says NPC, not PC. For the Demon lords that are already in OOTA, you are probably better off copying them and then editing the hit dice and the natural attacks, a lot of the special abilities are already pretty spot on and if not, it is better to copy and modify than start from scratch.

The others:

Reach:
For reach, there should be a normal wReach field, the wRangeNorm and wRangeLong only apply to ranged attacks. Not sure what you mean about Armory though, if you go to Output Hero Statblock are the attacks showing up there?

Lair Actions:
Normally you give the Lair actions a name that is similar to what they are doing, so like the beholder has a lair action to view through the eyes that happen regoinally, so a name like Scrying is as good a guess as any. There aren't any rules.

Regional Effects:
Most people put these into the monster description text after any modified flavor. LW doesn't have anywhere for us to put them as no creatures in the SRD had regional effects.

Hellish Morningstar:
If it says melee weapon attack you can use Other Melee Attack, most of the "weapon" attacks like that are best replicated with a melee attack (same can be said for ranged.)

Legendary Actions.
The Legendary Action header is auto generated, so you just need to set them as Feature Type Legendary and then scroll way down to the Show in Tracked Resources List and use the dropdown to associate the Legendary Action with how many actions it costs. If a creature gets more or less than 3 legendary actions, let me know and I'll find the script that can change the number of legendary actions available, it is normally set to 3.
dungeonguru is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
FreakFire74

Old August 4th, 2018, 12:20 PM
Many thanks, Dungeonguru!
FreakFire74 is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
FreakFire74

Old August 5th, 2018, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dungeonguru View Post

Reach:
For reach, there should be a normal wReach field, the wRangeNorm and wRangeLong only apply to ranged attacks. Not sure what you mean about Armory though, if you go to Output Hero Statblock are the attacks showing up there?
There is no reach mentioned in the attack in the 'armory' section of HL (where the attacks are listed). Most melee attacks have reach 5 but especially larger than medium monsters often have reach 10 or even 20.
FreakFire74 is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
FreakFire74

Old August 6th, 2018, 01:27 AM
Just to be sure: we are not adding armor and weapons yet, right?

The 5e SRD doesn't include weapons and armour (at least the version Im using hasnt) which is a little bit annoying. We will be including the weapons and armor later?
FreakFire74 is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
FreakFire74

Old August 6th, 2018, 01:44 AM
Another question:

With the Bue Abishai, I have a monster that has the spellcasting ability. Innate Spells are easy, but this guy I've set up as follows:

Spellcasting Helper: Spellcasting
Caster Level: 13
Spell List: Blue Abishai
Spellcasting Attribute: Int
Innate Spells: None

But I'm not getting any spells when I check the monster in HL. I guess it has to do with the spell list?
FreakFire74 is offline   #50 Reply With Quote