Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mettius

Old May 7th, 2016, 07:04 PM
Questions to those in the know (or who have had more time than I to keep up with status).

Will a published module purchased through the content market necessarily include the framework for a given game world/game system? Or would they be something different?

Questions with context:
After a long hiatus I'm starting up a new Shadowrun 5th ed. campaign. I would like to use RW, but due to my limited time to GM prep I doubt I'll make much headway. I started, but one needs to basically clean out all the non applicable material (for example "class" for a "person" is a long list of things not relevant to Shadowrun, I need to purge them and add the giant list of common labels like rigger, fixer, Mr. Johnson, etc. to make the list more useful.

[edit] Plus, since I'm already good for one of anything Shadowrun released... I'd just assume not put in a few hundred hours if I can buy the official material and take advantage of someone else's hundreds of hours... [edit]
I need containers for the various Nations like UCAS, CAS, Aztlan and corps etc.

Rather that roll my own (I did that with Traveller in the beta test, and I just don't have time right now), I'm pinning my hopes on the content market.

So... Assuming one's game system is even supported (looks like mostly Pathfinder so far), will there be a "Module" for each core book as in Hero Lab? (i.e. Run & Gun), or just adventure modules?

I'm hoping whatever is sold, I'll have some way of having the setting already populated and the snippet types customized. Any hope for this dream?

(Because, I just started making topics for all the Nations in the 6th world... and... sadly I just don't have time to tackle inputting everything like that at this point in my life.)

Cheers & I'm looking forward to continued RW features!
-Mettius

Last edited by Mettius; May 7th, 2016 at 07:06 PM.
Mettius is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Cornelius

Old May 8th, 2016, 02:17 AM
This is still guesswork as I have not seen much (except what is seen in the spotlight Series):
I think there will be both settings additions and adventure additions and maybe some of both. It all depends on what the publisher will bring to RW I guess.
Cornelius is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old May 8th, 2016, 09:49 AM
Because you can import multiple Realms into your "working game Realm", I would expect that Setting content, Adventures, and Rules will be sold separately.

It would not make much sense to include the Rules material in multiple Advantures.. it would bloat them, and may be hard to maintain if there are errors to be fixed.

As Cornelius noted, all that is known at the moment is what is in the Spotlight series, but there are hints (such as being able to pull content from multiple Realms into one).

I would also expect that even people who know more are, in some cases, bound not to discuss too many details until the Publishers make their announcements of their plans.
Silveras is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old May 8th, 2016, 11:17 AM
We do know some things and can make educated guesses about others.
We know that the CM will sell individual products. We guess that those products will correspond to the products the companies already sell in other pipelines.

For games that need extensive customization of the realms, anything not pathfinder or D&D, I'd check in with the publisher directly and ask them if they intend to release RW versions of their products. If they do then it is probably safe to assume they are customizing the realm to deal with their needs. I would assume that for games where the publisher does not release anything for RW that the community will settle on a standard of some kind so as to exchange realm material pretty quickly, assuming enough people contribute RW material.
kbs666 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mettius

Old May 9th, 2016, 09:00 PM
Well I certainly wasn't fishing for confidential info, by in the know I meant folks who are keeping current. I've just not had time of late.

I sure do hope for some Shadowrun content.
Mettius is offline   #5 Reply With Quote