Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

wheredoigo

Old January 26th, 2018, 06:27 AM
Could someone from Lonewolf give a brief overview of how group play will work? I've read the information in the FAQ and I am really excited for it, but would like some additional details if possible. I had thought (incorrectly) that we could add additional concurrent devices for this. Reading comments on this forum I can see I was mistaken.
  • Do my players have to buy all of the content used to make their characters?
  • Right now there is the iOS app that we use as Pathfinder character sheets, will we be able to do something similar with HL Online?

If the details on this haven't been fleshed out that's fine, but any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
wheredoigo is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 26th, 2018, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheredoigo View Post
Do my players have to buy all of the content used to make their characters?
As of right now, yes. Each player should have their own account and purchase their own content. Of course, you'd be more than welcome to use a single account and print out as many character sheets/PDFs as you'd like, if your group is on a budget. But right now, the full interactive online app experience requires an account from each person.

As a sidenote, concurrent device access on a single account is possible and may be appropriate for families (e.g. parents/spouses/children etc), but that does require sharing a single username and password.

Quote:
Right now there is the iOS app that we use as Pathfinder character sheets, will we be able to do something similar with HL Online?
I'm not entirely sure what this is asking. Right now, HLO is intended to be used for Starfinder in place of the iPad app. We plan on launching Pathfinder on HLO in the future, and when that's available, you will have your choice of using HL Classic on desktop/iPad, or on the web. Please let me know if this didn't answer your question.
Joe is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
NeoEvaX

Old January 26th, 2018, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Right now there is the iOS app that we use as Pathfinder character sheets, will we be able to do something similar with HL Online?
I think the confusion here is that you can load the website from the ipad just fine! It may not be perfect now, but its designed to load just fine from the iPad's browser. So no need for a dedicated app, you just have to connect to the website. Yes it requires internet access. This has caused some drama for some people, but I am rarely without internet. When I am will just print my sheet.
NeoEvaX is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
wheredoigo

Old January 26th, 2018, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
As of right now, yes. Each player should have their own account and purchase their own content. Of course, you'd be more than welcome to use a single account and print out as many character sheets/PDFs as you'd like, if your group is on a budget. But right now, the full interactive online app experience requires an account from each person.

As discusseda sidenote, concurrent device access on a single account is possible and may be appropriate for families (e.g. parents/spouses/children etc), but that does require sharing a single username and password.

I'm not entirely sure what this is asking. Right now, HLO is intended to be used for Starfinder in place of the iPad app. We plan on launching Pathfinder on HLO in the future, and when that's available, you will have your choice of using HL Classic on desktop/iPad, or on the web. Please let me know if this didn't answer your question.
Hero Lab Classic has the iOS app which can be used without a license as an interactive character sheet. My group currently uses this in our Pathfinder game. Will there be an equivalent in Hero Lab Online? Can my players access a Play Only mode for Starfinder like we can with Hero Lab Classic on iOS?
wheredoigo is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Ian

Old January 27th, 2018, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Hero Lab Classic has the iOS app which can be used without a license as an interactive character sheet. My group currently uses this in our Pathfinder game. Will there be an equivalent in Hero Lab Online? Can my players access a Play Only mode for Starfinder like we can with Hero Lab Classic on iOS?
We don't have the details pinned down yet, but we have some future improvements in mind with being able to publicly share a character with other people in a non-editable mode. This is part of why all characters have a unique URL already, even though so far you only have access to your own characters.
Ian is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShawnM

Old January 28th, 2018, 07:55 AM
So I have questions as a potential RW customer to know if my players could just use HL without the RW subscription. It seems like integration would offer better options than two separate accounts players may need to switch between in game if I'm revealing info or Fog of World.
ShawnM is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 1st, 2018, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnM View Post
So I have questions as a potential RW customer to know if my players could just use HL without the RW subscription. It seems like integration would offer better options than two separate accounts players may need to switch between in game if I'm revealing info or Fog of World.
This is a question better suited to the RW forum, probably. But in general, there's no current integration between Hero Lab and Realm Works involving revealing information/Fog of World. It's possible that we debut some functionality along these lines in the future, but we haven't announced anything at this time.

Right now, your players would be just fine with only Hero Lab for running their characters, with the GM (you, presumably) having Realm Works and using the "Player View" mechanism in that product to share information with them. If your players really wanted between-session browsing access to your realms, they could optionally invest in Realm Works player edition. Questions about how those features work can be best answered on the Realm Works forum.
Joe is offline   #7 Reply With Quote