Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

FCWesel

Old January 27th, 2012, 12:45 PM
I am looking forward to Realmworks. I am a big fan of Hero Lab.

I know my players are excited about the idea of having a "library" on where all the many NPCs that wind up getting created for my games.

Last edited by FCWesel; January 27th, 2012 at 12:48 PM.
FCWesel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Murrdox

Old January 30th, 2012, 07:32 AM
I'm pretty curious about how this will work as well, especially when it comes to tracking combat. It doesn't seem quite clear exactly how much Realm Works interfaces with Hero Lab. Are the NPCs for my campaign created in Hero Lab and then exported to Realm Works?

I'm definitely glad that the two tools DO interface though. We'll see soon hopefully...
Murrdox is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 30th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Realm Works will *not* be duplicated the functionality of Hero Lab. The two are intended to compliment each other. So you'll still be creating characters in Hero Lab, using the Tactical Console within Hero Lab, etc. The key difference is that those NPCs will be *stored* in Realm Works, along with all sorts of other important details about them. NPCs are more than just stat blocks. They have nefarious plans, motivations, alliances, tie-ins to quests, places where they can be encountered, etc. That info is not suitable for tracking within Hero Lab, so you'll maintain the "complete" NPC in Realm Works, with the Hero Lab portfolio simply being one important piece.

Hope this makes sense....
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
thedarkelf007

Send a message via MSN to thedarkelf007 Send a message via Yahoo to thedarkelf007

Old January 30th, 2012, 02:36 PM
This is what I am hoping to do with character and NPC minions.

Then loading them as needed into Hero Lab.
thedarkelf007 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote