Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 9th, 2011, 09:31 AM
First of all, thanks for everyone's interest in Realm Works!

We just got home from GenCon late last night and I'm exhausted. The attendance at GenCon this year was way up from last year and our booth was crazy busy most of the show. We did hundreds of Realm Works demos and the feedback was incredibly positive, with virtually everyone saying the product does way more than they were expecting, so I think we're on the right track.

Now to address all the major questions....

Beta testing has *not* started yet, nor have we begun taking sign-ups yet. We are tentatively planning to start Beta testing in late November. Look for details on how to sign-up both here on the forums and in our monthly newsletter over the next couple of months. Please be patient and we'll get the word out as soon as we're confident that we're ready to start the Beta process.

For those of you who didn't have the chance to see Realm Works at GenCon, we'll be updating the website in the next few weeks. The actual product is vastly more sophisticated than is currently reflected on the website, as I'm sure anyone who saw the preview can attest.

I'm sure some of you want to know the official release date, and the answer is simply "next year". We're breaking a lot of new ground with Realm Works, and we've included a long list of features that we think everyone will want and need. However, we may have overlooked some things and/or done some things inefficiently. We expect to learn a lot during the Beta testing period, and there may be things we need to add and/or rethink. The actual release depends heavily on what we learn during Beta testing, so we'll provide a better official release estimate after we get a few months into Beta testing. My best *guess* at this point is next spring.

There's also the question of pricing. We have some ideas, but we need to get concrete data on how people will actually utilize Realm Works before we can nail down anything official. That data will be gained during Beta testing. So we won't have any pricing details to announce until we have that data to evaluate - i.e. until we get close to release.

The bottom line is that we still have a lot to do before Realm Works is ready for wide release. Please be patient and we'll keep everyone apprised as things firm up. The next big step is Beta testing and the details for that will be posted in the next couple of months.

Thanks!!
rob is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Diceman

Old August 10th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Awesome. Thanks for the update Rob.

I will be following the developement with rapt attention.
Diceman is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
chava

Old August 10th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Thank you for the update. I will wait with baited breath for the updates to the website.
chava is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
McTaff

Old August 11th, 2011, 05:28 AM
Dear Rob,

Regarding pricing, I have one child, and one on the way. Your choice is as follows....

1) You can have the first child in exchange for a copy of RW, or;
2) alternatively I will name my second child (which should be born in December) the following: "Realm Works Available At Wolf Lair Dot Com"

Please let me know as soon as possible which you'd prefer. Thanks.
McTaff is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 11th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Rotflmao!
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old August 11th, 2011, 11:04 AM
I would go with the second option, it eaiser to care for. lol.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Sinner666

Old August 18th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefweasel View Post
I would go with the second option, it eaiser to care for. lol.
The first option though could provide much needed slave labor at LW though. Albeit that would be 4-5 years later.
Sinner666 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old August 19th, 2011, 04:19 AM
Thats true, always need to plan for the future.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Cyrus

Old August 23rd, 2011, 06:06 AM
November, you say? I will cancel Thanksgiving and take the month off work if I can Beta test this.

(The mother of my children will not part with them so I can't offer them in exchange.)
Cyrus is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 23rd, 2011, 10:19 PM
I was planning on running my Campaign at the comic shop on Thanksgiving anyway like I do every year. Might as well beta test this while I am at it.
RavenX is offline   #10 Reply With Quote