Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

gandalf970

Old January 12th, 2020, 02:34 PM
Is there some type of reputation system in Realm Works? I have been using it for about 6 months and I like it. Makes keeping track of NPC's and relationships with players easy.

What I am looking for is if there is a way to input how an NPC feels about a player so when I come back to that NPC I will know. Currently I have just been putting a number behind the NPC and linking it to the player, but I have multiple players who have different relationships with each NPC.

Any help would be appreciated.
gandalf970 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ibecker

Old January 12th, 2020, 03:24 PM
If you have a topic for the NPC and one for the PC, you can create a relationship between the NPC topic and the PC topic. In the "Create a New Relationship" dialog, you'll see two predefined types: "Public Attitude Towards" and "Private Attitude Towards", with a variety of choices for attitude. Those seem to fit what you're looking for.

-Ian
ibecker is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
gandalf970

Old January 12th, 2020, 04:38 PM
I don't really understand the "topic" thing as I am completely new to Realm Works. Exactly how does this aspect work or could someone point me to a page to read or a video. I tried reading the help manual, but it didn't help me.
gandalf970 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 13th, 2020, 12:31 AM
There are many videos available, probably linked in the http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91 group. They are very informative.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old January 13th, 2020, 05:55 AM
A topic is the "page" of information on a single thing. When you create a "page" you give it a name which is how it is linked. On the world side that is a topic, on the system that is an article. Topics and articles have the same features so people usually just refer to topic.

The PC's and NPC's you're talking about are topics since you link to and from them.

There are a few other terms with specific meaning in Realm Works. A snippet is the single text box or equivalent which contains info on the topic. These can be revealed to players if you use player view.

A category defines a topic. For instance Location or Event. It is also the template by which new topics of that sort are laid out. Categories can be created/copied and modified by the user.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Twistedtechmike

Old February 10th, 2020, 06:56 AM
I have added a drop-down to Realm Works for this specific purpose, using the text-area to notate which campaign/group/etc has the associated faction level.

Twistedtechmike is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old February 12th, 2020, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedtechmike View Post
I have added a drop-down to Realm Works for this specific purpose, using the text-area to notate which campaign/group/etc has the associated faction level.
Very clever to use tags for that, this is likely the best solution within Realm Works.
Merion is offline   #7 Reply With Quote