Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

davystyles

Old May 11th, 2020, 12:03 PM
Getting an error after i did the last update have included screenshot of error
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot.jpg (67.9 KB, 22 views)
davystyles is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
gmanor

Old June 20th, 2020, 02:11 PM
I have a similar problem, both on my machine and my wife's. After every update all our custom magic items disappear. It's extremely frustrating to have to redo all our homebrew items and such after every update. Any ideas how to correct this problem?
gmanor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old June 20th, 2020, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanor View Post
I have a similar problem, both on my machine and my wife's. After every update all our custom magic items disappear. It's extremely frustrating to have to redo all our homebrew items and such after every update. Any ideas how to correct this problem?
If Hero Lab has errors when you load the game system, then it goes back to demo mode and doesn't load ANY custom user files. If the error is with a HL update - send them a bug report. If the error is with something in a custom file or the community pack, then you need to tell the community what error you get so that someone can help you fix the problem.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old June 21st, 2020, 08:10 AM
This if for gmanor - I think davystyles may have had a different issue.

If you are creating homebrew items and saving them into an pre-existing community file your changes will always be lost when a new community update comes out. It's just the way the update works.

You can save your homebrew files into a single file with a name like gmanor.user in the same folder as the COM_5ePack* files and the update won't affect it.
dungeonguru is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old June 22nd, 2020, 05:49 AM
Davystyles, there was a problem with how someone originally programmed some Eberron stuff. See if selecting the WGTE, ERFTLW, and Eberron-related UA's fixes the problem. Open the Hero file, hit CTRL+K, select those sources, save, and reload the file.

Gmanor, see what dungeonguru said. The community pack does not delete your custom files. But if you created custom items in an existing community pack file and saved it, the updated community pack will always overwrite it. Basically you need your own .user files to save your custom stuff.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote