Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

flyteach

Old September 20th, 2021, 07:38 AM
Went to add a journal entry from this weekend. The character page is not reporting the correct number of XP. The journal does. Unfortunately, it seems that all validation, etc is referenced to the character page which means that things are getting really wonky when adding 4 XP for a PF2 character. Bug report has been submitted.
Flyteach
flyteach is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old September 20th, 2021, 01:41 PM
For anyone who might also have this issue, this is the relevant part of the response from LWD:

This sounds like a standing issue where XP ends up being dropped from evaluation despite it appearing in the Journal Entries. To learn a bit more I'd need to gather more information on what all Journal Entries you have added to the Character and the XP you applied with them.

Beyond that, I do have a workaround for you but it's going to involve moving away from using XP altogether. The first step would be to carefully take note of how much XP you've added and what you SHOULD be at, do this and copy any information you added to the existing Journal Entries to some other document or notepad, following that you're going to DELETE ALL Journal Entries and then head to the Character Settings Tab where you will scroll down to the Advancement Settings where you will select No XP to level. As soon as that is done head back to the Journal and add back any and all notes you took beforehand so that can still be saved in place, you will not be adding XP here but you CAN enter the total XP in the Notes section for easier tracking until we can have this all sorted out. Lastly, on the My Classes Tab and adjust the Starting level value to whatever your current level SHOULD be.

I know it's not perfect and adds some extra hoops to jump through but this really is the best way to ensure your character as you've made it isn't further harmed by this bug, data loss is the last thing we want to occur so switching to the No XP to level option is honestly your safest bet until that time.

Last edited by flyteach; September 20th, 2021 at 01:43 PM. Reason: update
flyteach is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old September 20th, 2021, 08:03 PM
That's pretty much what they told me when I reported the same bug. I responded that because I'm playing PFS2 the Journal is the most important feature keeping me on Hero Lab. If I wanted to ignore the tracking it provides then I'd just use Pathbuilder. I don't like the PDF output as much, but the price is right. :/

Parody is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old September 21st, 2021, 03:31 PM
Agreed. One has to trust the system they're using. It was convenient to put the info in HLO, but if I have to change my workflow to something that I can trust, then that's what I'll do. It's a shame that LWD won't give their customers a head's up on this. For those of us who play Society, it's critical. And I don't know if this will carry over into Starfinder, so now I don't know whether I can trust HLO there either.
flyteach is offline   #4 Reply With Quote