Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Jayhova

Old August 11th, 2021, 07:12 PM
How the heck do I create a +1 bolt when all the bolts come in packs of 50? I know there must be a simple answer, right?
Jayhova is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old August 11th, 2021, 11:45 PM
Unless you create your own individual item, your only option is buy 50 and sell 49 back. If you obtained 1 through a game (ie didn't craft or buy it) then just take 50 and remove the rest.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Jayhova

Old August 12th, 2021, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
Unless you create your own individual item, your only option is to buy 50 and sell 49 back. If you obtained 1 through a game (ie didn't craft or buy it) then just take 50 and remove the rest.
Do I buy a pack of 50 normal bolts, sell 40, then edit the 10 bolts I have left to make them +1 bolts. It seems very convoluted.

Edit: This did not work. The price for upgrading the remaining 10 bolts to +1 was 25050gp. It is also strange that I am forced to buy 50 bolts in the masterwork and magic section but in the normal section I can buy 10. Why is that?

Last edited by Jayhova; August 12th, 2021 at 05:31 PM.
Jayhova is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old August 12th, 2021, 11:38 PM
In the PHB, non-magical bolts are sold in 10's. Magic ammunition (DMG) is sold in 50's. HL follows what is in the books. (You enchant 50 at a time)
That said, the price that HL generates is wrong. Which ever way you buy them, you can enter the correct price yourself.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #4 Reply With Quote