Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Yosef

Old October 14th, 2013, 03:58 AM
for those of you that already have the program, please share your input as to this application.

more than a standard role-playing game I like to dm player characters that have a lot of background and depth. I will create a map of the village or town there from and write little stories about several of their key relationships, they have with these people. These obviously become the NPC's that the party interacts with throughout the campaign, and in some point the party will be back in an area of the country that there very familiar with so that they become the leader of the party.during that part of the campaign. then every fifth level ideally one-on-one session with each character where they have a series of adventures and meaningful relationship encounters that sets up the background stories for the next five levels of play.

My question then is can I build from Realm Works individual player memory database, in other words this would contain all the information that particular player has in its memory. this way they can easily search through their memory for actual names of people or a references in some ancient scroll a read it would all be right there in front of them, and then if necessary the DM could drop something in their memory that previously had not been there.

As opposed to pages and pages of notes this could be all linked together with the hypertext. So this is possible ?
Yosef is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old October 14th, 2013, 07:24 AM
You should be able to do this fairly easily for yourself by setting up a player as an individual in the story almanac. You can then easily make some notes as to who they meet (which will then hyperlink and show up as a content link).

We have not seen the player options yet in the beta group but I think what you are asking for is reasonable. The only problem is that when the "Fog of World" is used by the dm to show what players know, all players will know it. I'm sure they are working on it as not every player knows everything that everybody else does.
Gord is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
thedarkelf007

Send a message via MSN to thedarkelf007 Send a message via Yahoo to thedarkelf007

Old October 14th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Basically you will be linking the information to their character.

The more detailed their character, the more information they can access from it.

Working on - SW RPG d6 or add this source Update Souce and SW RPG FFG and More FFG SW not working yet
Author of Realms Works Guides
Blog writer at thedarkelf007.home.blog/
thedarkelf007 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
pyremius

Old October 14th, 2013, 04:46 PM
It will not be available in the initial version, but per-character reveal is a fairly high priority addition. Once that is added, you'll be able to create specific snippets of data for each NPC, and reveal them to only the players you select. The players, then, will be able to access the Realm and see only the information which has been revealed to them.
pyremius is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Yosef

Old October 16th, 2013, 05:07 AM
what if the player had a DM version of Realm works ? can DM versions send info back and forth ?
Yosef is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
pyremius

Old October 16th, 2013, 01:41 PM
As I understand the current plan, all information will be stored in the cloud, so if you have a DM account, you can use any copy of Realm Works to access your data. I believe the plan is to license the software per-user, not per-seat, so you can install it on all your computers.
pyremius is offline   #6 Reply With Quote