Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

thaX

Old March 25th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Gnomes of Golarion, pg 15 - the Etymologist trait is a Social trait that requires you to be a Gnome. It is not a racial trait.

So, Etymologist + Adoted = two social traits.

"Although the traits presented below are broken into several defferent categories, all are considered gnome racial traits."

A couple sentences below ... "(Of course, a character of a different race could still select a gnome racial trait if she has the Adopted trait...)"

I have that trait to essentially take the place of the Adopted trait.

Last edited by thaX; March 25th, 2012 at 01:51 PM. Reason: added quote
thaX is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old March 26th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaX View Post
"Although the traits presented below are broken into several defferent categories, all are considered gnome racial traits."

A couple sentences below ... "(Of course, a character of a different race could still select a gnome racial trait if she has the Adopted trait...)"

I have that trait to essentially take the place of the Adopted trait.
But it is still a Social Trait, which is why you can't take it with Adopted trait.

And the trait that you get from Adopted, does not take the place of, it adds an additional one.
Dragnmoon is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old March 26th, 2012, 03:35 PM
From what I can tell in the thread I made in the Society forums, it is legal to choose any Racial Trait, even if they are tagged into the "Social" category in the book.

I see enough on the thread to keep the character as is, I just want to know if it can be corrected in the program, or at least be able to choose the other racial traits in the book if the program can not handle the two social traits taking up one trait slot.

I should add that the program doesn't recognize any of the traits from the Goblin of Golarion as Racial traits, and it is still wanting a racial trait as well as tagging me for having two Social traits.

Last edited by thaX; March 26th, 2012 at 04:04 PM. Reason: "I should add..."
thaX is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old March 27th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnmoon View Post
But it is still a Social Trait, which is why you can't take it with Adopted trait.

And the trait that you get from Adopted, does not take the place of, it adds an additional one.
I have been thinking on this. Why would it mention the Adopted trait in the book if some of the traits (ie, social racial traits) couldn't be chosen with it? It is strange. I understand the reasoning behind categorizing the traits as the race still wouldn't take a combat trait along with a combat racial trait, but the Social aspect of Adopted would make it so that the character would be able to take traits from this section. Why exclude three of them because they are also social traits as well as racial traits?

Perhaps the Adopted traits needs clarification in the pathfinder texts. I will post this query on their website.
thaX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote