Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Sendric

Old January 25th, 2021, 04:29 AM
Hi. Creating this thread for users to attach any files to be added to the community set.

Might be helpful if the powers that be could Sticky this one.
Sendric is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old January 25th, 2021, 07:43 AM
I have a concern with that plan. As of the past few days I cannot download any attachments. I have tried 3 computer, tablet and my phone. I used 3 different browsers with and without extensions enabled. We could make a community dropbox account or something similar.
Provos is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old January 25th, 2021, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provos View Post
I have a concern with that plan. As of the past few days I cannot download any attachments. I have tried 3 computer, tablet and my phone. I used 3 different browsers with and without extensions enabled. We could make a community dropbox account or something similar.
Neither can I. This is new, suggesting its a new LW problem. I have also had heaps of database errors over the last few days while trying to read or post on the forum, which may be related.

Sendric - a forum thread to drop files in is a great idea though.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old January 25th, 2021, 06:10 PM
I added the class Thaumaturge class from is The Book of Fiends. With tons of help from Sendric. This book was need to run Erylium the quasit from Rise of the Runelords.

Know problems:
Domains for the Thaumaturge are not working right but you can still select the spells from the spell list that comes up.

Cannot attach the file at this time as the forum is acting up.
Provos is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Monteparnas

Old January 25th, 2021, 11:29 PM
First of all I must thank Sendric for the thread and all the help. I'll try to attach my file.

Some stuff on this file is pure homebrew, but I made the Blackspawn Stalker from MM IV and I'm working in the Gestalt classes.

The Blackspawn Stalker is working fine. The only issue here is that its Web is showing (8/day) twice in the same line for no apparent reason. Maybe I have missed some wrong info from a Special Ability being copied from other source, but I checked it once, so there is a fair chance that there is no other issue.

If someone knows how I can make HL calculate its Spit Acid damage and show in the Specials (HD/2 in d6), it would be nice, as would its attack bonus (it is a Ranged Touch instead of a line area, for reasons).

On the Gestalt project I ran into some variable issues. To make it viable I'm creating the Variants in a way that adapting them is as easy as possible, and not only will this make my work easier, I included a guide to make the user's work as easy as possible. I think it is good, but I would like comments on the guides.

My most general issue is that I don't know how to make the added abilities to appear in the references for Special inside the class tab, that grey star and the 'Special Abilities' buttom. For the Barbarian this is the only standing issue.

Also I don't know how to make the added class count for pre-requisites verification. For most this is only an issue when picking Variants, but the Fighter needs this to pick the specific feats and the Sorcery have several feats that work this way, too. Maybe the Monk for Stunning Fist, IDK. Adding the tag Classes.Fighter didn't worked, though maybe it will for the Sorcerer.

Like that but minor I'm stuck with adding Variants on top of the added class. Putting aside the validation error, adding Variants do add the new abilities and non-base bonuses, but does not remove the abilities they should. I don't know how deep is this rabbit hole, though.

Getting rid of the pre-requisites for the Monk's feats also eluded me, and so I couldn't test if their level requirement is working either, although I don't think so. I couldn't add an Ex-member box through the variant, if someone can help with this (although I personally don't use the rule almost never as DM).

Casters are a problem, but I did found a convoluted way around the second spell tab issue. For now it is based on a lot of effort: add a special class with no abilities, just the full spellcasting progression of the desired class, a single level of it, get rid of the excess Hit Points and Skill Points through Adjustment and reduce the ECL with a Template with this sole effect. It doesn't adjust for the actual extra HD, though. I would like a way to code as much as possible of those changes directly in the special class and code some way to reduce Total HD, so the HL won't give feats and ability increases out of synch.

You may have some interest in the few other stuff in the file. There is a gestalt-like adaptation for Maho spellcasting from Oriental Adventures meant to recreate some aspects of the Rokugan setting as it is in its native L5R K&R System. There is a couple magic items made for a version of Sun Wukong more in line with its depiction in the original Journey to the West. And there is a Wereweasel (Dire Weasel).

No luck with attaching the file, though, so it will have to be through another means.
Monteparnas is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 26th, 2021, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteparnas View Post
No luck with attaching the file, though, so it will have to be through another means.
The forum certainly has been a pit prickly of late. I've sent you a message that includes my email address. You can send me files that way for now. I can definitely help resolve some of these outstanding issues.

Hopefully, the forums get some maintenance. In the meantime, please use this thread to discuss community contributions. Even if we can't attach them here, it's going to be a lot easier for me if I don't have to look in a million places to keep track of everything.
Sendric is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Monteparnas

Old February 11th, 2021, 01:17 PM
Now that the forum is back and attachments are working I'm sending through here my .user file.

Without help and waiting for the forum stabilization I took my time to start another project bigger than my head, I'm coding Legend of 5 Rings 4th Edition into HL. This won't go far, but it is helping a lot with learning how to code in HL, which is the true goal.

Even then, maybe I've added one or two things, I'm not sure, but everything is commented anyways. I'll take my time with some other stuff and then try to crack down the bugs before furthering the main Gestalt project.
Attached Files
File Type: email Monteparnas.user (172.4 KB, 2 views)
Monteparnas is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Spyderbane

Old February 11th, 2021, 03:37 PM
Here are the Feats for PoisonCraft
Attached Files
File Type: email 3.5 - PoisonCraft.user (38.2 KB, 2 views)
Spyderbane is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 12th, 2021, 04:14 AM
Things have been a little insane on this end. Thanks for the contributions. I will try to get to them in the next week or two. Glad to see the forums are back up at least.
Sendric is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old February 12th, 2021, 12:54 PM
I've got a few things that I've been working on also. I'll pop them in here when I get a free moment. I'm also going to try to do that backlog of requested content

I have a Patreon and PayPal. Donations are appreciated but are not mandatory. They are only to show support while I program stuff.
Illyahr is offline   #10 Reply With Quote