Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Sendric

Old August 27th, 2019, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youkiralf View Post
Hi there. I'm new to the forum, and to the dark arcanes of Herolab, but i'm looking for the Bone Knight, prestige class from Eberron five nations. Anyone knows where i can find it ? Thank you guys.
Hi and welcome to Hero Lab. Unfortunately, Bone Knight is not available in the community set at this time. I'm not familiar with the class, but I'll look into the possibility of adding it.
Sendric is offline   #901 Reply With Quote
Spyderbane

Old August 30th, 2019, 12:18 PM
Can we get Kobold Variants from race of dragons added to the list?
Spyderbane is offline   #902 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 3rd, 2019, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderbane View Post
Can we get Kobold Variants from race of dragons added to the list?
Sure.
Sendric is offline   #903 Reply With Quote
Darwulf

Old September 3rd, 2019, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Maybe that's why my subconscious keeps preventing me from working on that one.

In the meantime, I have completed Sand Shaper and attached the updated Sandstorm user file. This can be downloaded and dropped into your data folder. It *should* compile and work normally, but I can't give you your money back if it doesn't.
Thanks for this however, I'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong. I placed it in the data folder but nothing loads from it when I open HL and look for it in the Character Class list.

Next, I went into editor mode and opened up the file. When I clicked on Test now it popped up some warnings in the bootstrap items section. When I looked there, all of the bootstrap items appear to be missing.
Here is a screen shot (maybe)

Darwulf is offline   #904 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 4th, 2019, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwulf View Post
Thanks for this however, I'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong. I placed it in the data folder but nothing loads from it when I open HL and look for it in the Character Class list.

Next, I went into editor mode and opened up the file. When I clicked on Test now it popped up some warnings in the bootstrap items section. When I looked there, all of the bootstrap items appear to be missing.
Here is a screen shot (maybe)
So, if you receive errors upon loading any user-created content then no user-created content will load (even if there's just one error). When that happens, you'll see things like this where none of the bootstraps are loaded. In cases like this, the error is what's interesting. I forgot I had to make changes to the Players Handbook 1 file as well. See attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 3.5 - Players Handbook 1.zip (88.5 KB, 1 views)
Sendric is offline   #905 Reply With Quote
Darwulf

Old September 4th, 2019, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
So, if you receive errors upon loading any user-created content then no user-created content will load (even if there's just one error). When that happens, you'll see things like this where none of the bootstraps are loaded. In cases like this, the error is what's interesting. I forgot I had to make changes to the Players Handbook 1 file as well. See attached.
Hi Sendric,

Thanks for your help on this however that doesn't work either. From what I can tell, those bootstrap items that its looking for relate to the Class Features "Dust Magic, Desert Insight, Sandshape, etc."

This is what it can't find. Is there a tutorial on how to create these items? I could then do them myself and share what I've done?

Thanks again for your assistance.
Darwulf is offline   #906 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old September 4th, 2019, 11:18 PM
Darwulf - Do you get errors when you open 3.5 in Hero Lab? Before you open a portfolio. If so, can you copy/paste the error(s) here.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #907 Reply With Quote
Darwulf

Old September 5th, 2019, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
Darwulf - Do you get errors when you open 3.5 in Hero Lab? Before you open a portfolio. If so, can you copy/paste the error(s) here.
No Error's when opening HL d20.

What does happen is when I attempt to either update a character or creating a new character the Sand Shaper PrC does not appear in the list at all in the actual program.
Next when I opened up the sandstorm.user file and looked at the Sand Shaper PrC that Sendric created for me, I then found that it is missing those bootstrap items which are the "Special Abilities" of the Sand Shaper Class.

I hope this explains this better.

Thanks

Last edited by Darwulf; September 5th, 2019 at 01:49 AM. Reason: further explaining
Darwulf is offline   #908 Reply With Quote
Darwulf

Old September 5th, 2019, 03:59 AM
Hello All,

I've been attempting to create the VC Druid from the PHB2 however I just can't get anything to show up in my list of available classes. No errors testing what i've created but It just doesn't show up in my list...

Here is what i've done just attempting to get all the changes.
Thanks for checking it out.

3.5 - Players Handbook 2 - CV Druid.user.zip
Darwulf is offline   #909 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 5th, 2019, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwulf View Post
No Error's when opening HL d20.

What does happen is when I attempt to either update a character or creating a new character the Sand Shaper PrC does not appear in the list at all in the actual program.
Next when I opened up the sandstorm.user file and looked at the Sand Shaper PrC that Sendric created for me, I then found that it is missing those bootstrap items which are the "Special Abilities" of the Sand Shaper Class.

I hope this explains this better.

Thanks
All of the class specials that you referenced are contained within the file I sent you. The only explanation I can come up with is that it isn't compiling or you copied the file over after bringing up HL d20. It's important that you copy the files I've attached (both Sandstorm and the PHB1 files) into your data folder then open HL d20. If an error appears during this process please post that. If not then you should be good to go as long as you check "Sandstorm" as a source in your portfolio configuration.

If this still doesn't work, please open up the data file and press "Test Now" on the class and let me know what happens.
Sendric is offline   #910 Reply With Quote