Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer 40,000

Notices

Zenku

Old April 20th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Where are they, I want to start using my Vespid and other new additions to the Tau army, where are the rules for them? Are they going to be released soon?
  #1 Reply With Quote
jlong05
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to jlong05

Old April 20th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenku
Where are they, I want to start using my Vespid and other new additions to the Tau army, where are the rules for them? Are they going to be released soon?
I believe they are expected sometime next week. Generally, new datafiles are delayed for one month from the release date. I think that was Mar 23rd so I woudln't expect them sooner than Apr 23rd. But in any case, nothing prevents you from using them now, Just have to pen and paper it a few more days/weeks.

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ciaflayed1

Old May 1st, 2006, 09:39 AM
Well, it's May and we have not seen the new files for Tau. Any more ideas on when they will be here? A friend of mine was planning on buying AB when the Tau Empire update comes out (no point in buying it before then), and he keeps asking me when the data files are comming. I figured there would be a delay from the date the new codex was released, but it's been over a month. Any status updates would be a benefit!

Games Workshop junkie: Warhammer 40K, Battlefleet Gothic, Necromunda, Blood Bowl
ciaflayed1 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Shi_Vral

Send a message via AIM to Shi_Vral Send a message via MSN to Shi_Vral Send a message via Yahoo to Shi_Vral

Old May 1st, 2006, 12:45 PM
Well, if you check the 40k files official site (ab40k3.homelinux.net) you can download the first draft. There were approximatly 20-25 bugs in the file that have been fixed and are being tested now before a bundled release is made.
Shi_Vral is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ciaflayed1

Old May 1st, 2006, 12:53 PM
AWESOME!! Thanks for the update!! Do we have an ETA on the release date yet?

Games Workshop junkie: Warhammer 40K, Battlefleet Gothic, Necromunda, Blood Bowl
ciaflayed1 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Shi_Vral

Send a message via AIM to Shi_Vral Send a message via MSN to Shi_Vral Send a message via Yahoo to Shi_Vral

Old May 2nd, 2006, 04:02 AM
Its looking like maybe the 13th, but don't hold me to that. Depends on how things go with our testing group.
Shi_Vral is offline   #6 Reply With Quote

Old May 14th, 2006, 06:44 PM
I don't know if anyone else has had this problem yet. With the new Tau Empire data file there is an error with regards to adding drones to crisis suit teams. If you add more than two drones to a crisis suit time, in which you have two or more drone controllers, of which one is on the first crisis suit (or commander, if so equipped along with bodygards). The first two will add just fine, but when you add a third or subsequent drone to the team, a validation error stating that "you are only allowed to take two drones per drone controller". The error happens with any combination of drones, add in any manner. The problem does not extend to Stealth Suit teams, and also does not extend to Crisis Suit teams which are created as two or three identical suits (IE: pressing the + button and equipping all at once, as opposed to using the "Add Battlesuit" button). The problem also does not occur when, in a unit of three crisis suits only the 2nd and 3rd suits are equippped with drone controllers.

I do not know an immense amount about how AB's data-files work, but the problem seems obvious to me. It appears that once the first crisis suit is given a drone controller, the validation argument for that controller is looking through the entire unit to determine whether there are too many drones to be valid or not. Somehow, the validator is treating everything after the first battlesuit to be a part of the same entity with regards to the drone controller attached to the first battlesuit.

Does that sound about right? Is anyone else even having this same problem?
  #7 Reply With Quote
Ghaz

Old May 14th, 2006, 08:59 PM
http://ab40k3.homelinux.net/modules....&project_id=25
Ghaz is offline   #8 Reply With Quote