Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Nightfox

Old July 11th, 2023, 11:11 AM
I'm looking at doing a level dip into Aegis and picking up Initiator's Soul for the Astral Suit customization. Though just about everything else from Path of War is in the community file, I cannot find this one, so thought I'd do a quick add. I've been trying to code it for the last few days but there is so much in the PoW that is taking place behind the scenes that I cannot make heads or tails of it. Every time I think I've made progress I keep getting an error leading back to Hidden Blade.

"Agent pick 'cCfgPWHdBl' referenced by panel 'Config' does not exist in actor"

Has anyone already done this or know enough about the PoW setup to help?
Nightfox is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 11th, 2023, 12:44 PM
I'm not familiar with anything in path of war, but I can try to help. However, I have no context. The "cCfg" prefix suggests that this pick is one of the "ioun memory node configuration" options (those are the category of things that use that prefix in what we've written), but that doesn't match with this being an agent pick.

So, first a basic question - what editor tab was cCfgPWHdBl created on?
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Nightfox

Old July 11th, 2023, 04:23 PM
The cCfgPW... are (i think) the way the maneuvers tab is being handled, and are set up under the General/Configurable tab in the editor. I tried setting up my own cCfgPW... which did nothing until I added the PathOfWar.Config tag.

Now though, when I add the aegis customization (bootstrapping my cCfgPW...), I get the above error. This is especially frustrating since I didn't use Hidden Blade for any of my references on how the path of war was set up.

note:
The cCfgPWHdBl is the Hidden Blade Maneuvers configuration from COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarEx - Archtypes.user

yes, I've been delving deep to get this figured out
Nightfox is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 14th, 2023, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfox View Post
The cCfgPW... are (i think) the way the maneuvers tab is being handled, and are set up under the General/Configurable tab in the editor. I tried setting up my own cCfgPW... which did nothing until I added the PathOfWar.Config tag.

Now though, when I add the aegis customization (bootstrapping my cCfgPW...), I get the above error. This is especially frustrating since I didn't use Hidden Blade for any of my references on how the path of war was set up.

note:
The cCfgPWHdBl is the Hidden Blade Maneuvers configuration from COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarEx - Archtypes.user

yes, I've been delving deep to get this figured out
I have no idea how this is supposed to work, but PathOfWar.Config is linked to compset "Config" linkage "powCfg"

If you then go over and look at mHelpPWHBl you will see it linked to linkage "powCfg" thing "cCfgPWHdBl".

This might be where the connection is coming from. If you can provide detailed steps to reproduce or any relevant portfolio/user files we might be able to sort out what's happening.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Nightfox

Old July 14th, 2023, 05:53 PM
I'm pretty sure I've chosen the wrong path to go about creating this customization, but I had to start somewhere. The attached is the Astral Suite customization, the maneuvers configuration page, and the mHelp page.

That above error appears when I add the customization to the astral suit.
Attached Files
File Type: email Fox-InitiatorsSoul.user (5.4 KB, 1 views)
Nightfox is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 15th, 2023, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfox View Post
I'm pretty sure I've chosen the wrong path to go about creating this customization, but I had to start somewhere. The attached is the Astral Suite customization, the maneuvers configuration page, and the mHelp page.

That above error appears when I add the customization to the astral suit.
Ok. Once I figured out what an Aegis is and where it lives, I created one at 1st level and added Initiator's Soul as a customization. However, I'm not getting an error. This suggests to me that there's nothing wrong with what you've done here. I certainly don't see anything suspicious looking at the code.

This probably means there's something particular to your portfolio or possibly your user files that is not interacting nicely.

Do you have a portfolio that shows the error? Is it possible to rebuild the character from scratch just to see if the error goes away?
Sendric is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 15th, 2023, 12:09 PM
Another thing to check - were you using quick reload when you first encountered the error? Quick reload can't handle some of the more unusual things (creating a new agent tab is an example of something out of the ordinary that might not be fully supported in quick reload, but can be handled with a full reload) - sometimes you have to leave and re-open the game system.
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Nightfox

Old July 15th, 2023, 12:57 PM
Thank you. Reloading the entire system got past the first problem and let me find a typo fix on another. Right now it seems to be working. Still need to test and add the other two customization and make sure that it has the proper progression.

I'll post an updated file when I'm satisfied it is working... or more questions when I get stuck again
Nightfox is offline   #8 Reply With Quote