Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

mmartin7260

Old April 29th, 2013, 10:07 AM
I have a level 6 sorcerer/ level 1 Dragon Disciple with the Draconic bloodline. I know at 1st level Dragon Disciple the character does not get a level in spell casting so my CL is 6. In my last game, I got an Orange Prism Ion Stone that increased a characters CL by +1. I checked it as being worn, but my CL remains at 6. Shouldn't it go up to 7 or did the DDi level negate the +1?
mmartin7260 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 29th, 2013, 11:05 AM
If I remember correctly, I thought that Ioun Stone increases your CL for spell effects, not for spells known/cast per day, so it wouldn't be shown as a CL bump on the class tab. I'll look into it further later today, I suspect it is just foreaching through all the spells on the hero and adding +1 CL
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 29th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Yes, it seems my initial thinking was correct, it is increasing the CL of individual spells. Problem is, that's not really displayed to the user. I've got plans to make the presentation of spells info to the user better, if I can ever find a spare moment, but not this moment.
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Muspellsheimr

Old April 29th, 2013, 02:05 PM
The ion stone increases spell penetration, concentration, and anything else derived from caster level as well. The ion stone should just be a flat +1 CL.

Caster level does not affect spells known or spells per day - that is derived from class level in a spellcasting class.
Muspellsheimr is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 29th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muspellsheimr View Post
The ion stone increases spell penetration, concentration, and anything else derived from caster level as well. The ion stone should just be a flat +1 CL.

Caster level does not affect spells known or spells per day - that is derived from class level in a spellcasting class.
Yea I have to agree actually. This should reflect on the Class Tab actually as you maybe be a 6th level Sorcerer but his Caster Level is 7 not 6 and that will affect all the above values.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 29th, 2013, 03:30 PM
I'll look into it further then. Do you think the Ioun stone adds to all Classes that can cast spells, or just one?
Aaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Muspellsheimr

Old April 29th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Core Rulebook p.521
+1 caster level
That is the grand total of rules text for the orange ion stone. It makes no qualifications for a specific class, a single class, conditions, or circumstances.

I'm going to have to say it increases all caster levels by 1, regardless of source.
Muspellsheimr is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 29th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
I'll look into it further then. Do you think the Ioun stone adds to all Classes that can cast spells, or just one?
My reading is all classes are increased by 1. So if you have a Sorcerer 2 / Cleric 2 both would then have a CL of 3.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
mmartin7260

Old May 1st, 2013, 04:15 PM
I also have the character on the Hero Lab iPad app and it also shows my CL as 6. However, when I pull up a description of an individual spell on his spell list it shows the caster level as 7. So while my character's actual CL is 6, his spells are treated as CL 7. Hero Lab on my PC only shows the characters actual CL of 6 but doesn't show any CL (I think) in the spell description. I think that was were my initial confusion came from. Another mark in the awesome column for the iPad app!!
mmartin7260 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old January 7th, 2023, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartin7260 View Post
I also have the character on the Hero Lab iPad app and it also shows my CL as 6. However, when I pull up a description of an individual spell on his spell list it shows the caster level as 7. So while my character's actual CL is 6, his spells are treated as CL 7. Hero Lab on my PC only shows the characters actual CL of 6 but doesn't show any CL (I think) in the spell description. I think that was were my initial confusion came from. Another mark in the awesome column for the iPad app!!
I'm resurrecting this thread because it's 2023 and I am having this problem using the HL app on iPad.

In particular, I've added the "Caster Level" adjustment and selected +1 for the adjustment value, but when I view anything that should be adjusted, such as the SR or CL for a spell, nothing is changed. However, I added a level to my Evoker class and I do see a bump in the SR and CL of evocation spells.

It seems like the list of spells is being restricted when it shouldn't be. If this is already fixed and I'm doing something wrong, I won't file a bug report...
Azhrei is offline   #10 Reply With Quote